PDA

View Full Version : If symptoms last 24/7 for days can it still be anxiety

jessygirl77
23-10-17, 13:29
Ok so currently going through some ear symptoms.they feel clogged and sound like static white noice with very occasional ringing . I'm litterateur obsess and in full fledge panic that I have developed legit tinnitus that will be with me forever and ruin my life and drive me to dysfunction. I had a friend who mentioned to me about her case a few years ago do now I'm afraid I have what she has. Yes I know this could be me worrying about it then causing a bout of it. But if this were just anxiety why would it constantly be there and not just during panic?

hopeful1
23-10-17, 15:32
Yes in my experience symptoms can last for days due to anxiety. Having had HA for many years I can say my mind controls my body. I get symptoms which seem to last as long as it takes for me to decide to see a gp. Once I have visited gp and had every test known to man my symptoms disappear, tests come back normal and I look a complete plank! My mind enjoys to play sick jokes on me, I do believe. Trouble is I can't tell what is real or not. Anxiety is literally a pain. Everybody says try not to worry... I wish. The only real help I have found recently is CBT, perhaps you could try, there are many self help places on line. It certainly has reassured me that all this is normal to so many of us.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

CBT4panic is a brilliant site on line.

Worrywart1234
23-10-17, 15:43
Yes, I believe they can, if you're mind is focussed on them for that long. I have anxiety about my stomach, and regularly get weird pains and have done for a year. I have been told that if you have health anxiety, you should wait 2 weeks - and then, if the symptoms don't improve go to the doctor and get it checked. Nearly always the symptoms improve and you know it's just anxiety.

Carrera74
23-10-17, 16:07
I tend to find that my physical symptoms last a lot longer than the actual panic / anxiety. It's like your body takes time to catch up... like if you have a bug and it takes a few days to shift it. If I have a panic attack I can be worn out for a few days. If I'm stressed out I get tinnitus but it comes days after the original stressful period, which then sets me off again.... and so the cycle continues!

robinhall
23-10-17, 16:59
Hi Hopeful1

Thanks for recommending CBT4Panic

The website URL is in my signature below :-)

hopeful1
23-10-17, 17:09
I enjoy the CBT, it is very funny and informative at the same time. I can't believe how spot on the descriptions of anxiety are. I'm going on a flight soon so missinterpretion and Mr catastrophisation can come if they like... but will be ignored. Brilliant read robin.

swajj
24-10-17, 08:41
To answer your original question: symptoms can last for years 24/7.