PDA

View Full Version : shaming self to senses

helenhoo
23-10-17, 15:44
Bit of a blip this last week, one thing after another so I'm writinf this post as sort of 'take a look at yourself, stop being a div'

1) yellowish toenail edges on big toe
logic is fungal infection that was diagnosed ans partiality treated and seen by fair few pharmacists

2) heavy period with clots

3) infamous pink mark
logic, i have pinkish tones to my skin

4) ingrown hair back of leg
logic, i can see its an ingrown hair on back of leg

5) spot or spot on freckle
logic, looks ans feels like spot or spot on

Now if I could stop the anxiety again please. It is a lot nicer and calmer without it

Annaboodle
23-10-17, 15:51
Hi Helen. Well the logic all looks sound to me so you're doing something right missus! You sound like a different person when you write now, which is really nice to see too :)

KK77
23-10-17, 16:01
You're dealing with your anxiety now rather than just talking about it and asking for reassurance, so we will allow you this one-off "shame" post.

You know logically that none of your points listed is anything serious and any anxiety you have will pass ;)

helenhoo
23-10-17, 16:17
Thank you.

It's really annoying because I've had a taste of life without worry and find it trying (bold and underline) to creep back. The fact there are 5 different things shows it's anxiety. It's also my time of month and hormones and emotions flux now so I'm hoping that's what caused this tiny backward step.

KK77
23-10-17, 16:26
Trying to creep back.... But you won't allow it to :shades:

swajj
24-10-17, 08:47
I think you discontinued your therapy way too early. Having read most of your threads over the last couple of years I would say your HA is worse than mine ever was. I had almost 3 years of therapy before I recovered. You had how many? I can’t remember. Was it a month? All your old fears are still there. Your therapy didn’t even scratch the surface.

KK77
24-10-17, 10:57
I think you discontinued your therapy way too early. Having read most of your threads over the last couple of years I would say your HA is worse than mine ever was. I had almost 3 years of therapy before I recovered. You had how many? I can’t remember. Was it a month? All your old fears are still there. Your therapy didn’t even scratch the surface.

I agree - think Helen needed far more intensive and long-term therapy. But she has made a start and is showing a more positive approach to rationalising fears.

More work is definitely needed though, Helen. Why don't you look at CBT4Panic on Robin's website? It's all free.

http://cbt4panic.org/

MyNameIsTerry
24-10-17, 12:35
Have you discontinued therapy? Or was it the end of your course? I remember you went to IAPT and their first level is very short but they can put you in the list for a higher level over a longer period too.

But I agree that it is obvious it has helped and you are putting it into practice because your reassurance seeking and doubting has greatly decreased.