PDA

View Full Version : Hello, this is me

ladygrey
23-10-17, 17:19
Hi, I'm 65 and I think I've been anxious all my life but never thought about questioning why I felt the way I did. Until a couple of years ago when I had a fairly minor health issue but I over reacted and my anxiety escalated. I tried talking therapy (on the phone) but the sessions were too short to help. I had 2 different medications and reacted very badly to both, but finally after changing to a GP who actually listened to me, found medication that helped and he referred me to a holistic counsellor who was brilliant, just what I needed. I've now managed to wean myself off the meds and I am managing with breathing exercises and meditation and some days are better than others. I do get down sometimes and think I'm nuts and the only person feeling like this, so to know there are others who feel similar would help me not to feel so alone in this. Thanks for listening!

venusbluejeans
23-10-17, 17:25
Hiya ladygrey and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Chick100
23-10-17, 17:56
Hello ladygrey.:)

you are certainly not the only one to be feeling the way you do, and you have come to the right place to be helped and help others. so a great big :welcome:
I am around your age too and had my first big do with nerves in my early 30īs, it was horrendous. since then i have done quite a few rounds with the dreaded anxiety and joined this site about a konth ago when I had my medication changed and it didnīt suit. Now I am having mostly better days except when the problems that led me to this latest bout jump into my head and scare the you know what out of me. Tday is not my best day, but hopefully that will improve as is usual for me as the day goes along. And thereīs always tomorrow.

I hope when you are able , you will join us in the chatroom, its a real boost to be able to talk to others so easily, and we all understand.

Take care and nice to meet you, just a shame about the circumstances. Welcome xx