PDA

View Full Version : Nice to know I'm not alone.

Tia52
23-10-17, 21:23
Hi everyone

I am 64 and have struggled with extreme anxiety most of my life. I have four fantastic chidren, three of whom live nearby. Other than talking to the children, I find it difficult to ask anyone for help or advice. Some of the topics on this site really hit home and the advice seems so sensible and straightforward. Looking forward to opening up a bit and acting on some of the ideas put forward by others

venusbluejeans
23-10-17, 21:31
Hiya Tia52 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Tia52
23-10-17, 21:44
Thank you Venusbluejeans, am looking forward to my time here and meeting other members

ladygrey
24-10-17, 16:25
Hi Tia52
I understand about finding it difficult to open up to others. I am also new to the site. I have had some anxiety, particularly social, all my life but it did not become extreme until a few years ago. I am your age with grow up sons (and a husband) but I find it difficult to talk to them and I don't have any close friends I can open up to so it can feel very lonely. I'm also hoping I will be able to share things here.

Chick100
24-10-17, 19:00
Hi Tia.
I´m a couple of years younger and also struggled with bouts of anxiety for 30 years. Anxiety is isolating and there´s no way you can give people an inkling of just how bad it can make you feel, if they have never been through it. Then of course a lot tell you to pull yourself together, or stop worrying so much , if only it were that easy we would all do it , no one would choose to be petrified.
I joined this site recently, when one problem after another piled up and pushed me over the edge of what i can cope with. I am so glad I did, we all need support from those who really know what its like, and you will find plenty here.

Welcome Tia and as soon as you can, drop into the chatroom when you need to, it gives you such a lift when you are suffering in silence. :)