PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts / urges

Beazpinho
24-10-17, 13:22
Hi! This is the second time I post on this website because yeah, I keep having intrusive thoughts that feel true as hell and cause distress + anxiety. I haven’t been diagnosed with OCD, but i do think I have. I didn’t have the opportunity to talk to a psychologist yet. I’ve been struggling with thoughts related to my “love life”. The whole story is really big, so I’m gonna try to keep it short and tell you what’s going on in my life.
I have a boyfriend and we’ve been together for 2 years and I honestly love him and like the relationship we’re in. The thoughts of cheating, loving someone else and wanting to kiss someone else are the problem.
I changed schools and, as obvious, I have a different class. There’s ONLY one guy in it. I don’t really know him, we barely talked. When I first saw him, I was already overthinking and I was already scared of feeling something. Now my head has this kind of thoughts: “What if I like him?” “what if I want to kiss him?” “What if this is just a denial?” And it all feels SO real. It causes me distress and anxiety and sometimes I even cry. (Because all the thoughts I’m gonna mention here) That also happened with a random guy at school, at first I thought “he’s just handsome, it doesn’t mean anything ... and, well, it happened again I think, except I don’t think I like him. The kissing thoughts have evolved and now I have them more frequently with other people and I don’t know all of them. I’m gonna mention one more though, the one that’s been bothering me the most. Yesterday, I started to have these thoughts about a classmate, a girl (I’m a girl), like “What if I want to kiss her?” And it feels SO REAL!!! It’s been really bad, it causes me distress and anxiety and sometimes I can’t even focus on what I’m doing. “What if this is a denial?” “What if I could act up on that thought?” it feels so real and it scares the crap out of me. I even feel this kind of pressure on my lips that I can’t quite explain, because I’ve had it a few times even when I wasn’t thonkong about that or about anything at all. I’ve read somewhere that it might be because of the anxiety or whatever, but I’m still so afraid.
I love my boyfriend, I’ve had a lot of doubts related to him (ROCD symptoms) but I managed to get over them. These ones are just so hard to forget, it feels like I’m really about to kiss her and I don’t want it to happen! (If I wanted it to, I wouldn’t be suffering over this). I keep thinking and imaginating me kissing people to see if I would really like it... if I do, it makes me even more anxious and when it doesn’t, the opposite happens. I’ve had A LOT of OCD symptoms (really) and I don’t want any of this. (Well, due to OCD doubts, the thought “What if I do” followed by anxiety pops up anyway ...)
I need help and reassurance. I want my life to be the way it used to be before all of this started happening!
My OCD symptoms have been with me for almost a year now. It feels like I want to kiss that girl and that thought/feeling just popped up OUT OF NOWHERE! (I think?) the thing is, I don’t want it but something keeps telling me I do. I feel like a warmth on my lips, pressure (and tingling if I focus on it...) I’ve read somewhere that it might be because of my anxiety, but I’m not sure... Help me out guys, I’m panicking.