PDA

View Full Version : Puncture Wound

pva
24-10-17, 13:30
Hi.

New to the forum looking for a bit of help. I was at a house and was outside the property where I did not see a nail sticking out of a piece of wood. It was hidden under some long grass and I stood on it making a puncture wound. I went to a and e and had a tetanus and am on antibiotics for any infection. Now it was near the bins of the property so obviously it was not the cleanest of places.

I then did the worst thing and googled about it and somehow have convinced myself I could have got hepatitis from the puncture wound. I have had health anxiety before about various different things and have just stumbled across this site.

Thanks.

Clydesdale Epona
24-10-17, 18:54
Hiya pva :)
As you are on antibiotics and had a tetanus shot I would say you have nothing to worry about x

Best wishes :hugs:

pva
25-10-17, 09:41
Thanks Clydesdale.

I am more worried about the hepatitis thing more than other infections. I have read it and now I am convinced I could have caught it from standing on this nail. I just can't stop thinking about it.

pva
27-10-17, 14:48
Does anybody know the chances of this? I am after some reassurance that I am just be irrational. Cheers :D

Duchesskitty
28-10-17, 18:58
I think it’s highly unlikely. I don’t know how long hepatitis would live on a surface, particularly one which would have been wet from the rain etc. Also someone with hepatitis would have to have stood on the same nail probably and left blood on it.
This is all very very unlikely. As previous posters have said, the more likely outcome would be infection but you’ve had all the preventive medication so I think you’re probably in the clear!

au Lait
29-10-17, 00:36
Don't worry, you're fine. The doctors at the emergency center would have discussed it with you if they had thought that it was a possibility. They gave you all the necessary precautionary treatment. Your HA is scrambling to find something new to focus on and it's making you focus on extremely unlikely scenarios. Try not to do any more googling on the matter, it will only cause more anxiety.