PDA

View Full Version : making typing mistakes? brain tumor? help =(

dus1996
24-10-17, 17:14
i'm making a lot ot typing mistakes lately.. mostly with homonyms.. like i want to write "world" and i write "word" something like that.. also i miss some small words when i'm typing.. this makes me think that i definitely have a brain tumor.. i don't have other problems but this just kills me.. :(

Geepee
24-10-17, 17:22
Please don't worry. I constantly do this and also get my words confused and jumbled up. It is most probably the sign of an overworked and tired brain. The more you focus on it the more mistakes you will notice. Please don't worry.

beasty340
24-10-17, 17:22
If making spelling mistakes means you have a brain tumor, I must have a really big one! World and word are not that different and if you are typing fast that can happen. Just take it slow and pay attention to what you are typing.

Fishmanpa
24-10-17, 17:24
If making spelling mistakes means you have a brain tumor, I must have a really big one!

Yeag write? Eye sumtimz hav truble speeling mi owne nam ;)

Positive thoughts

dus1996
24-10-17, 17:31
thank you so much for your quick responses.. it's just that i didn't use to make that many mistakes when i was typing and now i freaked out by that because a tumor cann mess your head and make mistakes when talking or writing.... but i really hope it's nothing!!

Geepee
24-10-17, 17:43
Please don't worry - I have had two family members with suspected brain tumours sent for scans. The things you describe weren't part of the testing they had that meant they had to be referred on. If you read my posts you will see lots of mistakes. Please don't worry anymore, I have to sign off now as giving the site a break for a bit but I wish you all the best and I am sure you will get over your concerns. Feel better soon.

Annaboodle
24-10-17, 18:58
That's why they invented auto-correct :winks: Seriously though, I was taught old school typing back in days of yore, and did secretarial work for years. Whenever I had a typing speed test as part of an interview though my typing would turn to crap because I was so anxious. When you concentrate on it and aren't relaxed that's when the mistakes happen. Promise you.

unsure_about_this
24-10-17, 19:10
I am always doing it I have a disability as well, so I am always getting my words, typos, sentence structure wrong most of the time.

darkside4k
24-10-17, 19:20
I think you're overthinking this :)

I've had periods where I wasn't typing as well either.

MyNameIsTerry
25-10-17, 01:10
Cognitive functions are well known to be affected by mental health conditions like anxiety. The thing is, Serotonin is used in such functions (such as memory) so you find yourself struggling to find words or make basic choices.

Think of it like when you have a migraine. You can struggle with things that require focus. The same when you are very tired. The same with things like brain fog.

Is it so different to how physical exhaustion can affect the body?