PDA

View Full Version : Question about renal cyst

Caribou93
24-10-17, 18:54
Hello again,

I am posing this question for someone else and not myself for once. :)

To make a long story short, my mother had an MRI and CT scan to confirm whether or not she had a cyst on one of her kidneys. It turned out she did, and it was roughly 2 cm wide and about 1.8 cm long...I can't remember exactly how big/small it was. But, it was classified as Bosniak IIF - which I do know that means it's just in between II and III and they have to do follow up testing on it to see if it changes.

Now, my question is, does anyone know the likelihood of it becoming cancerous or not? I see a ton of different answers on the internet - I just use case studies to kind of get an idea - but I was hoping maybe someone would be able to give me a better understanding of it. It worries me that it'll develop into kidney cancer :(

Also, she is around my father who smokes cigarettes - albeit not in the house, but when he smokes in the garage some of that smell will come into the house and I'm sure she breathes some of it in. I hope that it won't make the cyst any worse just because of something that can be prevented like cigarette smoking. Does anyone on here know if this is something she (more so myself lol) should be worried about?