PDA

View Full Version : Rebound pain in rib - another cancer worry

AJ59
24-10-17, 21:54
Hoping someone might know from experience:

Backstory: At the end of July I injured the bottom most rib on the left side of my body, extending slightly up to my back, right around where the kidney would be located. I was wrestling (jiu jitsu) - and right afterwards, had pretty substantial pain (difficulty breathing, hurt to put pressure in that are, hurt to sleep on etc).

The pain subsided after 5-6 weeks, I went back to jiu jitsu and re injured the area. Not as bad as the first time, but I had a localized pain, mainly in the bottom area of my ribs.

The pain subsided for the most part, I went back to jiu jitsu and re injured the area again. This was on September 9th. It's now the 24th of October.

I have refrained from any serious physical activity that would cause any sort of impact to the area. At this time I virtually have no pain. I can sleep on my left side without pain, stretch and move in all ways, run, lift.

BUT if I put pressure on the area, I get a dull achy pain on the rebound, i.e. I push down without feeling pain, but when I release, I feel pain in that area.

I went to urgentcare, at the beginning of September, they did an x-ray, visual/physical inspection, and said I'm perfectly fine.

I'm really worried and freaking out at this time because of the length this injury has gone on, especially because I have been resting since September 9th and still feeling rebound pain when I put pressure on the bottom most area of my rib cage.

Does anyone have any related experiences? I'm worried I have a tumor on my kidney.

Pepperpot
06-11-17, 21:59
Yep me! I had the same issue from taking a kick to the ribs in karate - docs said it was a sprung rib x