PDA

View Full Version : Bowel/colon cancer fear

Emily101115
25-10-17, 12:08
Hi all just wondering if any of you kind people could advise me further and help settle my mind.I have woken up this morning wth a pounding heart and the fear that something bad is going to happen to me.I didn't even want to get out of bed!

I am 24 years old with 3 children.On a daily basis my stomach is quite niggerly,I often get bouts were I get so bloated and pains that feel almost like early labour pains.

I always get a quick a urge to tongo the toilet and open my bowels however,I don't always feel as though I haven't fully emptied.My stools quite small and have what looks like mucus or yellow bits hanging from them,they vary in size,mostly small hard balls that are dark but again have this mucus stuff attached.

I have lost 3 stone since January this year counting my calorie intake and also regular exercise at the gym however,I seem to loos weight quicker than friends!

Sorry if this next bit is too much information-not long had a bowel movement and I pooped some gloves on to check for blood!! I noticed that the water seemed to be a darker colour,I had urinated if that makes a difference? Once I picked up some of my poo it didn't hold its shape it all broke apart was like diarrhoea I do eat a lot of tomatoes so not sure if I was seeing tomatoe but I did see like a red jelly like substance and flecks of brown.

I am absolutely terrified that I have cancer and its spread all over please help me

Fishmanpa
25-10-17, 13:04
With respect, if you're donning gloves and handling poo, it's time for some real life professional mental health! :huh:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
25-10-17, 13:14
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emily101115
25-10-17, 15:10
Thank you for that�� I know I sound totally nuts but that's anxiety for you? The extremes we go to hey!

rainbow
25-10-17, 17:50
Hi, I can relate to your post. I have worried myself sick over the last 13 years about bowel cancer. I have also obsessed about my stools and investigated them. I am seeing a therapist and she told me that she has dealt with many people who do this. HA can make you behave in ways you never thought you would. Have you spoken to your gp about this?

Emily101115
25-10-17, 22:18
Hi, I can relate to your post. I have worried myself sick over the last 13 years about bowel cancer. I have also obsessed about my stools and investigated them. I am seeing a therapist and she told me that she has dealt with many people who do this. HA can make you behave in ways you never thought you would. Have you spoken to your gp about this?

Thank you for replying to me.I plan on speaking to my gp about this next week.I have done CBT counselling before,you would I should be able to control this by now.Can I ask what your symptoms are

rainbow
26-10-17, 10:56
Thank you for replying to me.I plan on speaking to my gp about this next week.I have done CBT counselling before,you would I should be able to control this by now.Can I ask what your symptoms are

I've had cbt twice in the past eight years. HA is incredibly hard to control and I think we never get rid of it completely.

For me this current bout of health anxiety started 14 months ago when I noticed something red in my stool when wiping, this had happened before but for some reason my brain latched on to this and it all started, I had loose stools, intermittent diahorrea, increased frequency. I started obsessing and looking very closely at my stools. Sometimes I didn't even know what I was looking at as my anxiety was so high I couldn't tell what was what.

Over the last few months things have settled a little but I'm still terrified when I have to have a bowel movement. I went through all of this over six years ago but managed to get better but here I am again!!

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Emily101115
29-10-17, 10:13
Thank you for sharing your experiences with me.
Really worrying as most of my bowel movements are very small balls with mucus attached!
(Sorry) hoping to speak with my gp tomorrow and also get on the list for some more CBT counselling x

Murdock
29-10-17, 15:11
Can totally relate. I’ve been freaking out over similar sysmptoms like mucus in my stool, in fact I’ve become obsessed with my bowel movements. The thing is though thinking back I’ve always had mucus in my stools and can remember clearly in the past noticing it but not caring, so why it worries me now is a mystery.

Hasp1875
14-11-17, 12:30
Hi Emily,
I can relate to this and I am so worried about it, I'v only seen the mucus twice in the last few months but my bowel movements have been smaller in the last few months too with on and off high up abdominal tenderness and its making me really nervous which I think could be affecting it too.
So worried I may have something wrong with me. I'm off to the doctors next week so hopefully feel reassured I am OK!!
I hope you got on well!

Capercrohnj
14-11-17, 15:49
Mucus is our natural lubricant so it's normal.

samina77
14-11-17, 20:32
Hi Emily,

I can totally relate to your fears and actions. Fishman is also right that it's not healthy to become obsessed with looking (I know, I do it too and am trying to stop but finding it very hard). So the mucus thing is something new for me, noticed it since I had my little one 9 months ago. It happens occasionally. I have spoken to friends who also suffer with hemorroids and they too have seen mucus. Apparently it's quite common for IBS. Definitely get help for the Health Anxiety and if you're worried about your symptoms go and see your GP. Also, tomatoes also have a very "obvious" effect on my BMs so it could always be that.
Be well,
Sxxx