PDA

View Full Version : Hey

summer1
16-06-07, 10:05
Hey everyone,

Well i suffer on and off from depression/anxiety. Think it all started after 6 years of mental/emotional abuse from an ex partner. Been on citalopram probably 2 out of the 3 years if been separated from my ex and have been to countless people for councelling which i don't know works. Recently been to a CBT councillor with great expectations but maybe it is her technique i don't know i'm not finding it any help. With a wonderful new partner but i feel so ashamed of being like this i don't like to mention it to him as i don't want him to think i have lots of 'problems'. Talking to people who know EXACTLY what you go through and symptoms is a bigger help i think than sitting talking to death to some stranger.

Nice to meet you all x

groovygranny
16-06-07, 10:45
Hello Summer,:welcome:to you!

Absolutely no need to feel ashamed - none of us asked for this, but we're all here to help and support each other.

Pleased to meet you too! :)

:flowers:

summer1
16-06-07, 11:24
Thank you, nothing like the support of people who know what it is you are going through:) x

honeybee3939
16-06-07, 11:26
Hi Summer

welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice and support and make new friends also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

manmoor
16-06-07, 11:42
Hi Summer,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
16-06-07, 14:08
hi summer
welcome, you will find lots of support and info here i wish ya the best........Linda x

funky chick
16-06-07, 14:34
Hi Summer, welcome to NMP lots of lovely people on here who will help and of course understand what you are going through and you definately wont feel so alone take care love Gail xxx:hugs:

belle
16-06-07, 14:37
Hi and welcome :)

x

PUGLETMUM
16-06-07, 15:10
hiya summer,

welcome and yes i agree it can be more helpful, do you ever feel that when you're talking to councillers(spellcheck required)/therapists that they really hav'nt got the foggiest what you're on about? that is the truth some of them hav'nt and that usually makes it worse i just think ' why am i sitting here telling you all of this stuff, you could'nt care less about me!'

it helps really, you start to support yourself, plus i know the feeling of being ashamed, it kept me unhappy for a long long time

all the best emma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

summer1
16-06-07, 15:20
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, Emma yes i totally know what you mean, it is as if they have read all this in a text book or something and just agree with what you say, it is the same with family, only my brother really understands as he went through bad depression and anxiety but seems okish now. Some of the posts ive read i've thought 'oh my god i'm normal!!' or other people have the same random thoughts etc, i think unless you've gone through it/go through it you don't know what it is like. I think this is the best form of therapy - learn off of one and other and share advice/problems etc. Thank god for this website!!!:D xxx

kate
16-06-07, 15:47
Welcome, Summer :flowers:

Kate

trac67
16-06-07, 18:01
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

breeze25
16-06-07, 18:20
Welcome, I am quite new too and found this website brilliant.

Pink Princess
16-06-07, 22:19
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

nomorepanic
17-06-07, 18:29
Hi Summer

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

ja
19-06-07, 20:18
Hi again Summer - I strongly believe that the mind like the body has its limitations and for that reason I believe that depression is a normal response to some sort of trauma or stressful experience that one has undergone. My depression took me by surprise 10 years ago but now when I look back I can see that I was doing far to much, as well as a very difficult and stressful occupation - like you I had counselling and was fortunate to have the benefit of someone who was very skilled in their field - I did however have to end the sessions due to leaving the area and I wasn't quite so fortunate with the person that followed.

Southern_Belle
20-06-07, 01:12
Hi Summer,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who will feel exactly as you do. You will also find tons of support.

Laura