PDA

View Full Version : Rabies Anxiety again!! Please help!

Hezeo
26-10-17, 10:32
Yesterday I was coming back after having dinner, I was passing in front of this closed shop all of a sudden I saw something that was flying. It was night I don't know if you see birds at night but I Assumed it's a BAT! I didn't see it well so don't know. I got nervous and tried to walk fast when I realized it's flying near behind me. After I came home I forgot to check my hands . Today I in the morning I saw a cut on my hand roughly 1 cm long then I remembered the bird or bat flying yesterday. Did it scratch my arm. I got extremely anxious and having anxiety I am scared what if the bat scratched me. I read on internet that if bat bite or scratch u u don't feel it. While I didn't see that I got in contact with it but what if It did scratch my arm??! Please help me!

AnxietyZT
26-10-17, 15:10
Hi Hezeo,

I understand your concern but try to rationalize your fear.

1) you are not sure it was even a bat
2) less than 1% of bats carry the disease
3) bats are not aggressive and would most like not attack someone walking by
4) when have you ever heard of someone contracting rabies? It is a rarity to say the least.

When the thought comes to mind, try not to give it the fear it wants. Just acknowledge it, say to yourself “this is a synthetic thought” and focus your attention onto something else. Best of luck! Just try to relax.

Fishmanpa
26-10-17, 15:15
Hi Hezeo,

I understand your concern but try to rationalize your fear.

1) you are not sure it was even a bat
2) less than 1% of bats carry the disease
3) bats are not aggressive and would most like not attack someone walking by
4) when have you ever heard of someone contracting rabies? It is a rarity to say the least.

When the thought comes to mind, try not to give it the fear it wants. Just acknowledge it, say to yourself “this is a synthetic thought” and focus your attention onto something else. Best of luck! Just try to relax.

Excellent post. Hopefully the OP takes it in as the rabies rabbit hole is a deep one for sure!

Positive thoughts