PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE explain spasticity to me and if I have it? Pleae help!!

Yag Dev
26-10-17, 17:52
I had a general check-up 5 weeks ago and all of my reflexes were graded 2+. No strength abnormalities.

However, today I was working on my homework and I felt my right calf muscle contract lightly even though I did not do anything with it. I read that spasticity is abnormal, uncontrolled contractions of the muscle. But is there anything more to it?

I had a friend check my patellar reflexes, and my legs barely reacted to it. It felt dull. Is this part of spinal shock? Where people become weak before becoming brisk??

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Is spasticity overtly noticeable? Such as that in PLS or ALS? Can one develop either of these in a month's time?

Fishmanpa
26-10-17, 18:00
You should not be having your friends check your reflexes or googling whatever you think the results mean. There's a reason doctors spend 8+ years learning to be doctors.

5 weeks ago a doctor said you're fine, you're fine. Take it and run.

^^THIS^^

Positive thoughts

KK77
26-10-17, 18:38
Spasticity is the result of serious progressive diseases like MS. A muscle spasm can happen at any time to anyone and is not serious or indicative of a serious illness.

Your problem is Googling and HA - deal with root cause.

emanticoff73
26-10-17, 21:24
Okay now I'm scared. I have elasticity all over and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia not m.s. we're they wring. Elasticity means dreadful diseases?

Fishmanpa
26-10-17, 21:34
Okay now I'm scared. I have elasticity all over and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia not m.s. we're they wring. Elasticity means dreadful diseases?

ECoff, with respect, getting help with your psychological issues will help you with your diagnosis and physical symptoms. Perhaps a break from the forum would be beneficial as well as posts like this are just triggering you.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts