PDA

View Full Version : How long does propranolol take to work

kirstythornton1@aol.
26-10-17, 20:23
Hi, I'm new to this site.

Was wondering if anyone else was on propranolol and could give me some advice?. I have been taking 10mg of propranolol twice a day for 5 days now and while it seems to be working to the extent that I'm not having full blown panic attacks (fast heartbeat, tingly hands and feet) I'm still getting that horrible agitated feeling where I can't sit still. I seem to be ok at home or with family but going to the office, meeting customers etc is a nightmare.

Anyone else still get the agitated feeling even though they are on these meds? Is this as good as it gets or will it get better if I increase them as GP has suggested?

Thanks for taking the time to read x

leenalou
27-10-17, 04:24
Hi Kristy
I'm a long term user of propranolol, I think they do take a little time to build up in the system even though they tend to stop the initial build up of adrenalin pretty quickly. I had a few weeks break from mine a doctor told me to take as and when needed I'm at a point were I feel I need them again so started 10mg every day from a couple of days ago, and like yourself they are blocking the initial panic but the on edge jittery feeling remains and extremely dry mouth, but I remember from taking them regularly last time that this passed after a couple of weeks so all I can say from experience is hang in there a little longer maybe another week and if still feeling the same way talk to your doc about upping dosage.
Hope all that made sense take care
Selina x