PDA

View Full Version : I think I had to many dental x rays and I'm scared

ashleep
27-10-17, 00:55
I need a filling so I went to my dentist in my home town and he said just leave it. He did a X-ray. But I'm getting food stuck in my tooth. So I went to a another dentist he took a X-ray and said i have a hole but I didn't really like the look at dentist it was kinda dirty. So went to another and he did an x ray too. .last year I had a root that was dont wrong so that was like like 25 x ray on one tooth because the first person did it wrong. And I have 1 ct scan in the pass and a panoramic x ray and old dentist he would do x rays and that was every 6 months. I think I've had way to many. I'm scared. Is it bad to get to many I heard to cause cancer so I freaking out

skallop
27-10-17, 17:41
I need a filling so I went to my dentist in my home town and he said just leave it. He did a X-ray. But I'm getting food stuck in my tooth. So I went to a another dentist he took a X-ray and said i have a hole but I didn't really like the look at dentist it was kinda dirty. So went to another and he did an x ray too. .last year I had a root that was dont wrong so that was like like 25 x ray on one tooth because the first person did it wrong. And I have 1 ct scan in the pass and a panoramic x ray and old dentist he would do x rays and that was every 6 months. I think I've had way to many. I'm scared. Is it bad to get to many I heard to cause cancer so I freaking out

I used to worry about this earlier, but not any more. It's seriously NOTHING to worry about. The radiation doses are so low they have litterally no added effect overall.

Check out this chart
deardoctor.com/images/ddwc/consultations/cat-scans-in-dentistry/radiation-exposure-chart.gif

ashleep
17-12-17, 23:51
Guys I just had 2 more dental x rays. Told the dentist I didn't want one. But he said there is not much radiation. But There is. So know I have had like 50. I feel like Im do on to cancer from it. I'm freaking out. Has anyone has heaps of x rays done and are Fine????? h I ate a whole lot of seaweed bcos it high in iodine. Will that help

Fishmanpa
18-12-17, 00:03
So know I have had like 50.

50? With respect, I'm old enough to be your father and have health issues. I've not had that many in my lifetime, including dental x-rays :lac:

Your anxiety is lying to you. My cancer was treated with radiation to my head and neck, 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Enough to literally burn the skin off my neck AND... I had a CT scan before each treatment to help aim the beams. This is a non issue for you.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
18-12-17, 00:05
You get more radiation from flying than dental x-rays

Geepee
23-12-17, 14:06
Yes, as above . I cried when the dentist last x rayed me. He explained I would get more radiation from one walk on Exmoor than the x ray I have had. He also told me he would give the x ray to his own daughter. Please do not worry.

ashleep
16-03-18, 21:09
so i went to the dentist yesterday and i got a check up and i just noticed he uses the old film Xrays that have way more radiation. and i had A LOT xray's in my life like root canals and i feel like i had a way more than a normal person.
But i know the digital one's are not as bad for your health
but theses are the old school film one u put up to a light background, i'm so pissed i would have changed dentist if i knew he uses film xrays.

i am so stressed, google say all these bad things happen form xrays and theses one were so high in radiation. i feel like i going to get something bad from because i had so many

nomorepanic
16-03-18, 22:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.