PDA

View Full Version : please help..ectopics/palps/anxiety

dizzy
16-06-07, 13:18
i need help! iv been getting ectopic beats for about a month now..they are constant more or less, havnt ever left me, not even for a day...the lucky break i get is sumtimes an hour without them, and they come back. you'd think i wud have got used to them by now, its been nearly a month, but today i HATE THEM...i dont know wat to do..feel so down, cant stop crying. i also have ibs, thats just horrible at the moment too...i went to the docs three weeks ago wen the ectopics started: she said if they bother you loads then i'll give u a beta blocker...but if i take these will they totally stop? i'd appreciate some help in deciding if its a good idea to take beta blockers...my main fear is thinking i'm stuck with them forever...:weep:

is it normal to think that ill be like this forever? :shrug:i keep thinking this is it...ectopics for life...im so scared..i've depressed myself into thinking, when i marry i wont want kids..becos ill have ectopics...i wont even be able to keep my husband happy, becos of ectopics..they'r ruling my life at the moment... i would really love some help and reasurrance...thank you.

joolee
16-06-07, 17:20
hi ive had ectopics for about 5 years now i have got 4 kids and im still ok lol dont worry about them as much i know its hard but honestly they are not life threatning its hjust that we notice them more than everyone else because everyone has them i used to get them every min of the day honestly i thought i cant go on like this but i went to cbt therepy and it helps i now only feel the odd one every now and again when i have my period or when i really stressed i have all the tests done and my heart is very healthy it took a lot and i mean a lot of reassurance from docs and the hospital then i pulled myself together and thought i dont want to be like this for ever and it wasnt fair on my family watching me freak out about them all the time and i dont want my kiddies to get them so now i dont let them bother me and it really works honestly if you need to talk pm me any time and i will try to help honestly please dont worry cause the little blighters love that lol hope you feel ok soon love julie xxx

honeybee3939
16-06-07, 19:44
Hi Dizzy

Take a look on the Common Symptons pages too, lots of posts regarding Eptopics/Palpitaions.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

spuds
16-06-07, 20:20
Hi - there are many people here suffering from ectopics/palpitations and we all appreciate how you feel. After I first got mine I was paralysed with anxiety even though I was told they were harmless. Have you had an ecg? If not, ask your GP to refer you for one so that it will help to put your mind at rest. I have found this web site very useful. Read Palpitations 101 to start with. Best wishes.

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=general

dizzy
16-06-07, 21:27
do beta blockers work for ectopics? i get PACs.

spuds
17-06-07, 22:55
Some people have success with beta blockers, others find they make no difference. They do take the edge off the anxiety though, which may help if your palpitations are caused by/worsened by anxiety or stress.