PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Ollie
16-06-07, 15:34
My name is Ollie and I used to suffer from panic attacks and GAD. I have not suffered for a long time. I was on Seroxat for nearly 2 years and this stopped the problem. Now they are back and I am so upset. I have had a bad time at work and have just lost a close family member. I feel like I am spirraling out of control again. I am having al the negitive thoughts again. My partener is also concerned, but has no experiance of this and dosent really understand what I am going through I feel very sorry for her. I went to my doctors yesterday and he has put me on 10mg of Citalopram, I have not had these before. Do they have strong side effects like Seroxat? I have made initianl contact with a Therapist is this a good idea so early on in my problems? The worst bit for me is the GAD, I really just want to be back tohow I was only a few weeks ago. Would love to hear from anyone who is going through the same. Thanks for reading, Ollie.

belle
16-06-07, 15:36
Hi Ollie..

I'm sure there are people on here that are going though the same kind of thing that will offer you the support that you need :)

x

Lindalou64
16-06-07, 15:42
Hi Ollie
welcome im sure you will find lots os support here and i would say yes start seeing a therapist right away the sooner you get a hold of it the better, i wish ya the best, sorry cant answer for those meds never been on them........take care.....Linda x

kate
16-06-07, 15:48
Welcome, Ollie :flowers:

Kate

honeybee3939
16-06-07, 15:58
Hi Ollie

welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sorry to hear of your loss hun:hugs: I hope we can help get back on that road to recovery hun.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

summer1
16-06-07, 16:55
Hey Ollie,
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is also hard when people close to you don't understand what you are going through. This website is great and a great support so i'm sure you will find it really helpful - everyone seems to suffer from the same stuff so we all know what you are going through. I have been gripped by depression/anxiety and irrational thoughts again which i seem to get out of the blue on and off and can't find an exact reason why and wish it would end, i feel exhausted fighting but i know it will pass. We're all in the same boat mate, hang in there :)

Ollie
16-06-07, 17:05
Thank you all that have so far replied, I feel a little better knowig that I don't have to go through this on my own. Really does feel like I am going mad at times. I am having real trouble sleeping and eating at the moment too, guess this is just two more things to add to the list, any ideas to help, i'd be really appriciative. Ollie

summer1
16-06-07, 17:14
Hey Ollie, i'm on citalopram and it makes me soooo sleepy - i am yawning my head off constantly and can't get enough sleep so that isn't a problem. Have you tried chamomile tea before bed or warm milk (not together!! yuk!!)? That is quite calming and helpful. I too can't eat when i am anxious, make sure you take multivitamins or drink smoothies so you are still getting some nutrition, i can't stomache chewing anything so this helps and smoothies can also be filling. Remember - you aren't going mad and you aren't the only one!!

groovygranny
16-06-07, 17:18
Hello Ollie,:welcome:to you!

As with most things, some have pretty heavy side effects on Citalopram some have experienced no side effects at all. The only way to really find out is give it a try.

I did react quite seriously on them initially, but was glad I stuck it out because they really helped me - they do have an accumulative effect and need a bit of time to get into your system before than can start to do their job.

Loss of appetite and sleep disturbance are quite common side effects - I couldn't eat hardly at all for nearly 4 weeks and the nausea was horrible, but my doc wasn't concerned! He said if it last 6-8weeks then he'd have to reconsider !! And yes, there were times I thought I'd end up in the local mental illness unit of the local hospital - that wasn't very pleasant at all but it was never seriously going to come to that!

As I said previously, I'm glad I didn't give up on this medication because it had a really positive effect on my condition.

Take care :)

honeybee3939
16-06-07, 17:18
Hi Ollie

Try these links too hun theres some useful information that may be of interest to you.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=coping
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=firststeps

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

trac67
16-06-07, 17:25
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Southern_Belle
16-06-07, 17:45
Hi Ollie,

Welcome to NMP. You have already found those who feel like you do. I myself suffer from GAD and know how horrible it can make you feel. I am not taking that particular medication but some on here are and will give you great advice. You will get alot of support here.

Laura

Pink Princess
16-06-07, 22:15
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Ollie
16-06-07, 23:46
Is it normal for my "Panic Atacks" to dry up a little and be replaced with GAD??

yorkylover
17-06-07, 00:25
Hi and :welcome: I love the name my dog is called Ollie.You will get lots of support here and advise.:hugs:

manmoor
17-06-07, 12:17
Hi Ollie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
17-06-07, 13:23
im not a doc but yes i think so ollie, but you can get over this just like the panic...well yes i can say yes better than a doc lol cause ive experienced it, and believe im more as all or most on here more educated on this disorder.....wish ya the best..............Linda

nomorepanic
17-06-07, 18:29
Hi Ollie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.