PDA

View Full Version : Tonsillitis / cancer fear

Xex123
27-10-17, 19:42
Hi everyone

I’ve had a lot of issues with my tonsils. I’ve had quinsy, and 3 hospital admissions with it. The left side has always been the one that plays up the most.

Recently, I found that if I kissed someone, three days later I would get tonsillitis... I was seeing someone for a while and eventually I became immune to them, but then when someone else came along I got tonsillitis from them. Twice.

First time was very minor.

Next time the left side was really angry. I went in to hospital for an armful of magic and was discharged the next day. Although the pus started to go I had to go back in again as the left side swelled up massively. I was being examined by a registrar who asked me if I smoked and noted my tonsil was hard. That’s where the panic has come from. A consultant had a look (but not a feel) and said it was tonsillitis which put me at some ease. Anyway. The antibiotics did thing but on the last day of taking them I got a cold, my tonsil did go down a bit and wasn’t as hard as it was in hospital.... the cold moved to my chest and is still there a little bit, but it must have given me another bout of tonsillitis (although I reckon it’s viral as I don’t feel too bad, other than a bit hot at night)

Anyway. I’ve been googling. But I also to try and be a very rational person.

These are things in my favour

I’m 25
Was totally fine in myself until the tonsillitis arrived
Had tonsil stones a lot so I would have spotted anything odd looking long ago
Doctor said lymphs felt fine when I went yesterday
I am down to have a tonsillectomy and biopsy of tonsils and I’m bricking it (but that’s another story... although I did read a lady said she was told she had cancer in the tonsil and the tonsillectomy was worse than the chemo)

Against me

I smoked from when I was 13 until I was about 23/24 but never really more than 10 a day and for around a year or so I was smoking between half a cigarette and 1 or 2 a day. I quit last year. Oddly, I quit with two friends by vaping. They both got tonsil stones too.

Anyway. If there is anyone else on here who has had similar unilateral tonsillitis it would be nice to hear from you, if you aren’t dead of course.

Xex123
29-10-17, 01:08
Anyone????