PDA

View Full Version : Ladies take note...!

EebyJeeby
16-06-07, 18:02
This is true, honest!

A friend of my sister had an appointment with the gynaecologist at the hospital. She arrived at the clinic on time but the waiting room was full, so things were running late as usual, so she decided to pop to the Ladies. Having had a wee, she discovered that there was no toilet paper - aargh! Luckily, she rummaged about in her handbag and found some tissues, sorted herself out and went back into the waiting room just as her name was called out.

She followed the nurse into the examination room. She needed and examination and a smear test, so put on the gown and laid on the table as requested. The nurse put her feet up in the stirrups (you know the drill ladies!) and left the room as the doctor came in. He put on his gloves and started to examine her. Then he stopped and, with a grave look on his face, said "Please excuse me, I'll be back in a minute".

What on earth was wrong? Her mind raced, wondering if she had some horrid disease or maybe a tumour or something. She was almost frantic when the doctor returned, his eyes rather watery. Oh god it must be something really awful, she thought.

Anyway, the doctor just carried on with the examination and didn't say a word the whole time. When he had finished the smear, he said she could get up and dressed. Still not a word.

As she sat up, she looked over into the tray where he had placed the speculum and the smear sample, and there it was.... a first class postage stamp!!

It must have been stuck to her tissues in her handbag! No wonder the doc had tearful eyes - he must have left the room and literally slid down the outside of the door in hysterics, trying desperately to gather himself to go back in with a straight face...

:yesyes:

Lindalou64
16-06-07, 19:12
PMSL ROFL LMFAO....GOOD ONE POOR GIRL THO.............lINDA

Piglet
16-06-07, 20:31
:lisa: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa:

Piglet :flowers:

happyone
16-06-07, 20:39
OMG!!!

would you not just want to be swallowed up by the earth!

Poor soul!

Happyone
xx

honeybee3939
16-06-07, 20:46
LOL Eeby !!

:) :) :) :)

Poor girl !!!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

manmoor
17-06-07, 16:37
Lolololol Aww bless xx

lildutt
18-06-07, 08:54
awww funny but aww bless poor woman

jacq
18-06-07, 15:30
OH MY GOD, Just got a letter in the post asking me to phone docs to make an appointment for my smear. Am now nervous wreck as i just know what will pop into my head as soon as i assume the lie back legs open position. (will take a hand mirror for a last minute check :sign20: ).

Embarrasing enough having to decide wether to inform the doc beforehand that i have shaved down below or wait and say nothing and see the look of horror on his face when he get's an eyefull :ohmy: .

Jacq x

groovygranny
18-06-07, 16:03
Wahahhahaha!! Way to go.........:roflmao:

......first class eh?.........could've been worse.......:ohmy:

.........could've been second class and franked already !!:w00t2:

Please apologise to your friend for being the object of our frivolity...:blush:

But thank her as well - brilliant!!:yesyes:

:flowers:

jill
18-06-07, 17:40
Ohhh that was sooo funny, :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Thank you for sharing :yesyes:

LOVE JILLXX

Laughter is a medicine, it makes us feel better :yesyes:

Granny Primark
18-06-07, 18:20
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Ive had some embarrassing moments myself but never anything that bad thankfully.

Take care
LYNN xx

joy
18-06-07, 21:02
i was a doctors receptionist once and the nurse was in the middle of doing a smear when there was a power cut so I had to take a torch in so she could continue!!! I didnt know where to look!!

Really embarassing for me and the patient!!!

Joy

groovygranny
18-06-07, 21:18
So Joy,

Could you say that was the proverbial..........

....... 'light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel' then ?! :ohmy:

Oh dear, I'm so sorry - I just could not resist that one.....shame on GG:lac:!!

:flowers: