PDA

View Full Version : Got the Cold again

shotta287
28-10-17, 13:06
Hello all,
So beginning of last month I was ill for a few days with I assume was the cold. Took me about a week to recover. Yesterday my throat started hurting and I was sneezing and today I feel unwell. Surely not again? It's got me worried now because it can't be normal to catch a cold so quickly again. Appreciate everyone's responses as always.

Murdock
28-10-17, 13:11
There’s a couple nasty things going round at the moment. My boyfriend had a weird stomach virus/cold thing a couple of weeks ago and now has a regular head and throat cold. He doesn’t get sick often but being run down with one probably lead to the other

Darksky
28-10-17, 13:44
Perfectly normal. One cold is one virus. The second one is a completely new virus, so it's entirely possible for your body to beat one virus then get hit with another different strain and I dread to think how many cold and flu virus there are.
My husband when he was younger was very susceptible to colds and he seemed to have a new one every couple of weeks.

Chick100
28-10-17, 13:48
Hi shotta.

My daughter and grand kids in the Uk are getting one cold/ stomach bug after another just now, its always the same when the kids go back to school after a holiday, and of course that goes for adults too, its just the time of year for these things to get going and bugs spread like wildfire. Hope you feel better soon, but reassured its normal xx

au Lait
29-10-17, 00:49
Constant anxiety/stress will weaken your immune system for sure. It would not be unusual to get a cold again that soon, especially for someone with chronic anxiety.

Chick100
29-10-17, 05:37
PS. Shotta.

Its also possible that you are allergic to something in the air. I just realised after doing some checking that I am. Only looked it up after feeling I was coming down with a cold for 3 weeks, but it never turned into one. I hadnīt thought there could be anything causing allergy reactions in the autumn, but I was wrong. The air here has been full of dust and sand for over a moth, and there are things flowering and making pollen too. Eg Ivy, and ragweed flower in the autumn here in spain.

Dave_Lister
30-10-17, 19:13
Hello all,
So beginning of last month I was ill for a few days with I assume was the cold. Took me about a week to recover. Yesterday my throat started hurting and I was sneezing and today I feel unwell. Surely not again? It's got me worried now because it can't be normal to catch a cold so quickly again. Appreciate everyone's responses as always.

It is very common to go and get another cold after you had one. It happens this time of year because of all the viruses going around.

Don't worry, you will be fine after some rest and plenty of fluids:yesyes:

cyberchondriac.
30-10-17, 21:06
Every year I catch a cold in October and it hangs around until February. This year is no different. I had JUST gotten over it and woke up this morning with a swollen throat and blocked sinuses. There are loads of coughs/colds/bugs going around at the moment too

Chick100
31-10-17, 07:53
Every year I catch a cold in October and it hangs around until February. This year is no different. I had JUST gotten over it and woke up this morning with a swollen throat and blocked sinuses. There are loads of coughs/colds/bugs going around at the moment too

Hi cyberchondriac.

Maybe like me you suffer from allergies? I only just realised thatīs what I have every year. I looked into it after feeling that I had a cold coming on for weeks, but it never materialised into one, and I am not in contact with very many people ever , because of where I live and my lifestyle so I hardly ever catch a real cold or flu, just constantly feel like I am getting one.
Donīt be thinking it couldnīt be allergies from pollen in autumn, there are still plenty of things which produce it then, and also dust is ever present.

Hope you feel better soon xx :)