PDA

View Full Version : Multiple skipped heart beats in a row?

Domswan
28-10-17, 21:00
So I suffer from anxiety and have done for years and have also got skipped heart beats for years too which are not fun as I'm sure those who have these will know. Does anyone else ever get 3-4 skipped heartbeats in a row? Just got this again it only happens once in a while but it's not fun anyone especially experiance this?

nomorepanic
28-10-17, 21:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Miss Sonia
07-11-17, 20:10
So I suffer from anxiety and have done for years and have also got skipped heart beats for years too which are not fun as I'm sure those who have these will know. Does anyone else ever get 3-4 skipped heartbeats in a row? Just got this again it only happens once in a while but it's not fun anyone especially experiance this?

Hi ,How are you feeling ? You are not alone I get these skip beats all the time scares the life out of me 😢I’m constantly worried have been to doctors gotten all test ekg , eco cardiogram , stress test , holter for 24 hrs and nothing . Cardiologist says I have a mild prolapse valve born with it . Currently I’m getting proponolol 3 times a day but don’t help much 😕 Hope you feeling better !

Aaahhfreakout
08-11-17, 03:50
Yeah, I get it sometimes too. I guess it happens because when the heart is irritable enough to produce one premature beat, it's irritable enough to produce more.

Brian123
13-11-17, 11:15
yep I have had those in the past, multiple skipped beats in a row, had all the test done, ecg's, 5 day monitor, heart scan, all came back normal, the ectopics were all picked up, cardiologist said I had nothing to worry about, they were benign ectopic heart beats, everyone gets them just everyone doesn't notice them, for your own peace of mind, get the tests done to re assure you that everything is normal, it certainly helped for me. if you are getting anxiety over them, then believe me, they will make those bad boy ectopics come on tenfold, I have been there read the book, try getting that anxiety sorted out, lie on your bed and do deep breathing, relaxation etc, you will still get the beats but just let them happen, once you accept you have them, then the anxiety over them should ease and hopefully so will the ectopics.
I'm also on 5mg of bisoprolol daily, I still get the ectopics every day, but they are back to just a few a day, I just tell myself they aint gonna harm me.

WiredIncorrectly
13-11-17, 13:26
Yep I get them too. Daily in fact.