PDA

View Full Version : Missing Grandad

Rennie1989
28-11-04, 22:53
Hiya

ever since the funeral on friday i was more interested in my dads side of the family. iv never seen my dads dad before and i really want to track him down! i know nothing about him apart from his name is John Creighton.

has anyone heard of him or can someone give me a site to track down family members

many thanx

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

seh1980
28-11-04, 23:20
hi scoot,

If you just go to google and type in 'family tree' or searching family member' a site is bound to pop up. Good luck!!

Sarah :D

vernon
28-11-04, 23:30
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

is one site my wife uses, I will find more if u wish. You will need to know a bit about his history, like year or near year of birth and place born too scooter. tc vernon

sarah
29-11-04, 02:20
Hiya Jade

Its hardish to track your family tree down. You will need money to obtain birth certificates and possibly transport to visit the public records office. The best thing you can do is ask relatives for information first and look at these links

www.pro.gov.uk
www.gro.gov.uk

love Sarah
xx

Rennie1989
29-11-04, 13:34
Thanx for your help!!!

I was searching on ask just after i did this topic and i found an email addy to Dr. John Creighton, i emailed him and he replied, he had never heard of my dad!!!!! i tried!!!!!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

nomorepanic
29-11-04, 14:03
Try

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk

Good luck!

Nicola

nomorepanic
29-11-04, 14:06
Jade

Had a quick look for you and their are loads of John Creightons. Do you know where he was born?

Nicola

Rennie1989
29-11-04, 22:00
nic

all i knwo is that he lives in dartford!

thanx for your help, there are alot of john creighton's, need to get in touch with my eldest aunty

Scooter Girl

sal
30-11-04, 00:01
Hi Jade

Good luck and hope you do manage to find him hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Rennie1989
30-11-04, 11:09
there are hundreds of john's, but i donno where to start!!!

thanx for all ur help

Scooter Girl