PDA

View Full Version : Strange bony bulge/mass/deformation at top/tip of clavicle?

soanxious
29-10-17, 03:37
Need some input on this strange bony lump that i've had for a bit

Just noticed this 3-4 weeks ago and I don't know what to think. I already have a doctors appointment in 3 weeks and intend on asking, but Im getting a bit of anxiety thinking about this. I noticed that near the tip of my left clavicle, towards the center part of my body/sternum, my clavicle bone seems to bulge upwards and slightly forwards(outwards) by maybe 2-3mm on the top of the bone. This is very clearly part of the bone and NOT a separate lymph node. There is no pain, but I keep messing with it for no reason. I've read that the joint connecting the clavicle to the sternum commonly becomes enlarged due to arthritis, but this is not on the joint area, its the top of the clavicle NEAR the joint location. Pretty damn sure it wasn't always like this. Im 24/male.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't changed at all in the 3 weeks that ive been constantly poking at it (ugh). Is it normal for bones to change or even bulge like this for someone in their 20s? Thank you

Fishmanpa
29-10-17, 13:00
Do you see what your anxiety has done? It's taken a normal part of your anatomy, called it deformed, strange and a mass and turned it into something for your anxiety to mess with.

I have a "Told ya so" all ready when your doctor tells you the same.

Positive thoughts

KK77
29-10-17, 13:14
I have a "Told ya so" all ready when your doctor tells you the same.

Positive thoughts

*Remotely orders another 100 "Told ya so!"s from Fish* :shades:

Extra positive thoughts