PDA

View Full Version : New girl!

lisahogben
16-06-07, 18:28
Hi,
Have just joined No More Panic, have been suffering from Panic Attacks for nearly 10 years, the first one happened after a very stressful time and work and in my personal life. It took a long time to get a proper diagnosis, so in the meantime I thought I was going to die! Have had a few good year in between, mainly when I had my two daughters (now 6 &4) . Never had a panic attack whilst pregnant... what a relief. Have been on Citalopram for 2 years now, it worked really well towards the 18 month mark, then tried to go down to a lower dosage but the panic came back. Have been back on a higher dosage for a few months now, a little better but nowhere near as good as I was, is getting me down a bit.
I did manage to sit through 20 minutes of George Micheal at Wembley, with much help from my partner, then had to go! After that I thought I would be feeling proud and much better but have not had a good week at all.
Anyone with any ideas of how I can move forward with this would be much appreciated.
Lisa :mad:

honeybee3939
16-06-07, 19:03
Hi Lisa

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some good advice support and make new friends too.:)

Take a look at the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also hun,which are sittuated at the left hand side of this page you will find them of interest also.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

belle
16-06-07, 19:41
Hi and welcome :)

WELL DONE for managing 20 minutes at Wembley - what an accomplishment, you should be really very proud of yourself. I think i would poop myself if anyone even suggested for me to do such a thing.

I'm sure you'll get the support and advice you need from here...

x

funky chick
16-06-07, 21:20
hi lisa and welcome to you sure you will find this site so helpful and make lots new fiends on it too take care love Gail xxxx:hugs:

Jaco45er
16-06-07, 21:28
Welcome Lisa :)

I am sure you will find this place a great help

TC

Jaco

P.S. You did well sitting through 20 mins of George Micheal, I couldn't ;)

trac67
16-06-07, 21:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Pink Princess
16-06-07, 22:23
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Nibbles
17-06-07, 13:23
Hi Lisa and :welcome:

Well done for going to Wembley, what an achievement :yesyes:

NMP is a great place to be and you'll soon make lots of friends while getting loads of support and advice.

Take care,

Nibbs

PS Yes Jaco George Michael triggers my panic attacks, she's a braver person than us :roflmao:

manmoor
17-06-07, 16:33
Hi Lisa,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
17-06-07, 17:26
Hello Lisa, :welcome:to you!

Sorry you've had a bad week but a huge well done for the Wembley gig !!

You'll get plenty of help and support here!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
17-06-07, 18:28
Hi Lisa

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Southern_Belle
17-06-07, 19:52
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the site. You will find many who feel exactly like you do and will get loads of support.

Laura

summer1
17-06-07, 20:13
Hey Hun! Welcome to the group!:-)

ja
18-06-07, 20:18
Hi Lisa, sounds like you've done really well - I wonder if it might be worth you going back to your GP and getting them to review your medication - it may help. Good luck.