PDA

View Full Version : Terrible night and feeling of dread

O_O
29-10-17, 09:36
I know everybody is probably sick of me posting about the same thing but I feel so dreadful. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to start Citalopram but I don't think it will work. Everything feels hopeless.

I took a First Response pregnancy test for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday. Still faintly positive. I was getting positives when my blood HCG was 5 three weeks ago, and I've heard that First Response can detect down to 2, so I just hope it's lower than 5 now. I'm going to ask for another blood test. How can my HCG be dropping so slowly. Six weeks ago when the last bit of tissue came out it was 18, and it's clearly still above 2 now. I feel like I'm not going to live to get a normal HCG result or see my cycles return to normal.

I don't know what's happening with my body. I've had a small amount of bleeding today and yesterday. Quite dark, like old blood. I don't know if this is a weird sort of period (which I thought it should be from my dates), or if it's ovulation (which it should be from temperature and cervical position and firmness), or if it's just the ectropion, or if it's something else. I'm scared it could be cancer. The cancer could be producing HCG too.

I woke up in the night with just the most consuming, unbearable feeling of dread and despair. I can't put it into words. It felt so true. As if you've been told you're going to spend eternity in hell. I can't see how I can recover. Everything seems so hopeless. I've read a very few accounts of people with OCD experiencing something like this, but honestly I don't think as severely as me. I feel like I'll never escape this darkness and that all the happiness and good times in my past were never real.

I'll try the Citalopram because I have no choice. I know I should feel grateful that I have people who love me, and I'm in a position where I'm able to take time off work for this, and that my mother is so supportive. But I can't feel grateful for anything. Maybe this is a test and I'm failing.

Primula
29-10-17, 12:38
Hi. Its horrible to feel so bad, and I truly know how awful this feels. Have a look at this website that’s been posted on NMP a few times.
https://cbt4panic.org/ the section on obsessional thoughts is very good. You will need to do a lot of hard work, and it’s not an overnight cure but it can be overcome. Also have a look at the therapy dialogues, when you read through them you’ll realise it’s not just you that has these horrible thoughts.

O_O
29-10-17, 13:00
Thank you Primula. I did try that website before, but it made me feel worse because nothing it described sounded like what I was experiencing. However, maybe I'll just have a look at the obsessional thoughts section.

I feel like I'm getting an insight into a deeper reality. Not a nice one. I don't understand how something that feels more real than real life can just be my mind playing tricks. I want to believe that though.