PDA

View Full Version : Question about night sweats.

raizorpoke
29-10-17, 14:58
Say if you sweat when you are under a duvet most nights. To a point where you can feel the sweat on your skin but when you switch to a lighter duvet you hardly sweat at all would that mean that the night sweats are down to the heat only or could it still be due to a medical condition like lymphoma?

Just curious.

tl;dr - If you had medical/lymphoma related nightsweats would you still sweat even under lighter bedding.

Murdock
29-10-17, 15:04
If you had something wrong you’d sweat regardless of the temperature, plus night sweats (in the clinical sense of the word) have to be soaking the bedding through to count (or thats what I was told). I’ve woken up sweating the same way you’ve described countless times. My psychiatrist told me it’s caused by anxiety. Want to hear something gross? I’ve had numerous episodes of waking up to find our cat licking the sweat off me :roflmao:

raizorpoke
29-10-17, 15:24
I have heard about the soaking night sweats thing actually, but I have woken up a bunch of times since coming to uni feeling hot, clammy and had dew drops of sweat all over my legs.

Murdock
29-10-17, 15:29
It could very well be anxiety. Going to uni can be a big thing, new situation, people etc... You might not even realise you’re anxious. Or maybe you’re just too warm? I get them randomly even in winter.

raizorpoke
29-10-17, 15:30
I will say when I wake up with the sweat if I feel inside my sheets it feels about 30 degrees celcius or more.

Murdock
29-10-17, 15:34
I’ve just seen your other post and realised you mentioned you’ve increased your alcohol consumption. Alcohol affects you’re body’s ability to regulate temperature as effectively so this could be another cause :)

Fishmanpa
29-10-17, 15:36
This is stemming from your lymph node fear obviously.

Night sweats associated with your fear are "soaking" sweats. I know. I had them prior to my diagnosis. You're not changing your bedding so you don't have sinister night sweats (.) period.

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
29-10-17, 16:10
Just switch to a lighter duvet.

Ellient
29-10-17, 16:41
Stop googling, you've had this lymph nodes 3 days, you wouldn't even have the sweats if it was anything serious yet, which it isn't anything serious you have a cold and your nodes have swelled because it's a infection.

Night sweats are drenching to the point you have to wash the bed every night and are soaking, my nan had lymphoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

au Lait
29-10-17, 18:22
Anxiety or stress can also cause night sweats. I imagine starting uni would cause a lot of stress.

If you're ever tempted to google a symptom, a good way to turn that impulse around in your favor is to search for the symptom + anxiety (i.e. "night sweats anxiety"). That way you can see that many other people with anxiety disorders have experienced what you're feeling, and that the cause is simply your anxiety. If you keep googling "causes of (insert symptom)" then you're just going to keep feeding the HA monster, allowing your anxiety to run away with your imagination.

raizorpoke
29-10-17, 22:10
i can see where you guys are coming from, I have even thought of potential HIV as well as that somehow came up and nodes, sore throat and cold symptoms that last a while are a sign of that as well. It is like you can't win. Even the slightest symptom leads to something very serious.

Ellient
29-10-17, 23:00
i can see where you guys are coming from, I have even thought of potential HIV as well as that somehow came up and nodes, sore throat and cold symptoms that last a while are a sign of that as well. It is like you can't win. Even the slightest symptom leads to something very serious.

You have a cold, stop looking into it you've only had it 3 days haven't you? I wouldn't even worry or google a cold.

Try take your mind off it and get some cold remedies