PDA

View Full Version : Could I have a staph infection?

Caribou93
29-10-17, 16:57
I have been working in a hospital for about 3 weeks now and I really enjoy working there. However, I noticed yesterday I have what I thought was the start of pimple on my nose.

It doesn't have a head like a normal pimple - although there is a extremely small part of it that is more elevated than the rest of the spot, but it is kind of painful when I put some pressure on it. I remember seeing a story on Yahoo about a girl who thought she had a pimple on her forehead so she tried picking at it, and it ended up being cellulitis. I am terrified that's what I have, and it will only get worse. I am not picking at it for fear that's what it is.

Could this be a staph infection from working at the hospital? During orientation before I started, they obviously stated that working in a hospital, you're around nearly every kind of bacteria, virus, etc. and now I'm freaking out because that didn't register to me until now.

au Lait
29-10-17, 18:36
It sounds to me like a cystic pimple. I wouldn't worry about. Cystic pimples are super painful and can take a long time to heal. But they're nothing to worry about. You'll be fine.

Midnight-mouse
01-11-17, 05:57
Pimples on my nose always start that way, also the same in my ears. Sometimes a head never actually forms for me in those areas but they really can be darn sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk