PDA

View Full Version : Chronic sore throat, nose pressure.. Reflux??

Sophs50522
30-10-17, 07:26
Hi guys, I'm back again. Still trying to find out what the hell is wrong with me.
I've been having a sore throat funny nose feeling ( sensation you get when you go under water ) and nausea for a good 4 weeks now followed by dizziness. By doctor suspected glandular fever but it came back clear. Now we are wondering if it's reflux as my symptoms are worse some days than others. But I have NEVER had an issue with gerd or reflux in my life. Why now?
Can gerd/ reflux sufferers share your symptoms with me please I feel im about to lose control here :(
Thank you

Sophs50522
30-10-17, 17:47
Anyone ???

beasty340
30-10-17, 17:59
Hi Sophs, I have a lot of experience with GERD. I just found out about 2-3 years ago that I have a hiatal hernia. This caused my esophagus/stomach to push through my diaphragm and it causes my to have indigestion very normally. Before being on medication for the heartburn, I was constantly nauseous. I lost 5 lbs and couldn't eat without being nauseous. Now that I am on medication I still have some post nasal drip and throat irritation from the reflux. If you want, you could try to take some OTC heartburn medicine like prevacid or pepto bismol to see if it helps. I am not a doctor though, so I would consult your doctor to ask to see if they think it might be reflux and they may tell you about some OTC medicines.

Sophs50522
30-10-17, 20:15
Hey beasty, thank you for responding.
Did you have nausea before the heartburn ?
I don't have any heart burn at all. It started off as a nose pressure and sore throat then onto stomach gurgles and no nausea and an upset stomach feeling with the odd stabbing pains in my chest. I keep getting shortness of breath as well . I've never suffered with any stomach problems before so im.just confused as to whether I have it.
My doctor prescribed me omperozle today and said give it ago as it do sound like silent reflux but to also persist with my nasal spray I was giving prior for my last doctor thinking it was post nasal drip.
I feel really unwell though like I've got constant flu or something.
Any idea how.long it takes for omperozle to start working?
Thank you

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Nausea* ignore the no..i do have the nausea lol

beasty340
30-10-17, 20:45
Hey beasty, thank you for responding.
Did you have nausea before the heartburn ?
I don't have any heart burn at all. It started off as a nose pressure and sore throat then onto stomach gurgles and no nausea and an upset stomach feeling with the odd stabbing pains in my chest. I keep getting shortness of breath as well . I've never suffered with any stomach problems before so im.just confused as to whether I have it.
My doctor prescribed me omperozle today and said give it ago as it do sound like silent reflux but to also persist with my nasal spray I was giving prior for my last doctor thinking it was post nasal drip.
I feel really unwell though like I've got constant flu or something.
Any idea how.long it takes for omperozle to start working?
Thank you

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Nausea* ignore the no..i do have the nausea lol

Yeah, that sounds exactly like silent heartburn/reflux. Sore throat, nausea, upset stomach, stabbing pains in chest all point to that. I did not have any bad heartburn or anything when I was nauseous and I was having pains in my upper chest into my throat. All I knew was I could not eat without feeling terrible and it had to be something going on, and I ended up having a hiatal hernia. As for the shortness of breath, there was a period where I was wheezing daily because of my reflux and had a cough. Once I got on medication they both went away and the doctor gave me an inhaler if I ever felt the wheezing come back. As for the flu-like feeling, I feel that way sometimes and it is mostly when I have no eaten well that day, I am tired, and I have had a bad, anxious day. The omeprazole will take about 1-2 weeks to really take effect, so just wait it out for a little longer to see if it helps.

Sophs50522
30-10-17, 22:03
Thank you beasty for your help. I was beginning to think no one would respond lol
I will ride out these few weeks and see how I get on.
Take care x