PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

Elliejane44
30-10-17, 08:17
Hi

I have been anxious with health since May this year . Really bad this past week worrying over muscle aches and stress at work.

Was getting dressed this am and all my clothes hanging off me. Weighed myself and lost a stone since May and 4lb in a week

Now worried over this . I have not had much an appetite last week and eating only small meals but even so.

I 8 stone 9 and 5 foot 3.

Anyone else loose weight when really anxious .

Ellie

heyitsmeyou
30-10-17, 11:08
Absolutely. I lost tons of weight when my anxiety was at its peak and very quickly too.

Annaboodle
30-10-17, 12:03
Yes, definitely. Have a look at other threads on here as a lot of people post about this. It happened to me without me even realising (until I saw a photo of myself) when I went through a v. stressful time. In my case I thought I was eating as I was having things like chocolate bars and crisps, but when you wrote it down and added up the calories it just wasn't enough. This was during my divorce and I was basically surviving on coffee, snacks and nerves. I wonder if your small meals don't add up to enough calories. Is that possible do you think?

Senior Moment
30-10-17, 18:33
I think this is quite a common problem with anxiety sufferers. I know it sure is with me, I can almost see the difference in my weight on a weekly basis. especially when the anxiety is "playing us up".

beasty340
30-10-17, 18:55
Since the end of July I have lost about 8 lbs. At the most, I lost almost 13 lbs. I was highly, highly stressed and anxious. Stress takes a huge toll on your body.

JITTERBUG1
31-10-17, 03:15
I am dealing with the same situation right now. I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 3 months. I didn't realize it until recently and went into a panic. My doctor wasn't to concerned since I am still in a safe weight for my height. She said as my stress comes down my appetite will come back. In the meantime I am supplementing with ensure. I convinced myself I was dying this last week. Try not to stress over your weight it just makes it worse. I found that out this last week.

Elliejane44
31-10-17, 06:32
Thanks everyone so much for replying . Will try not to worry . ...

Ellie