PDA

View Full Version : Worried due to urine leak - male

maltahypo
30-10-17, 13:28
Hi, I have been anxiety free for the last 3 yrs, but it seems like my care free life is coming to an end. I went to the doc as I had some tenderness in my lower abdomen for a week or so, and noticed I am feeling constipated. Two days ago my lower back started aching too and I noticed I am sometimes leaking urine. I am 38, and I am now convinced I have either colon or prostate cancer. Doc said we should take care of constipation as it could be the cause of everything, but I am so depressed. I just can't take it out of my head that I am terminally ill. I

Jason74
30-10-17, 14:59
Really sorry to hear what you're going through Malta. What I'd say, is to try and remember to think about the odds. At your age, the chances of getting either of the cancers you refer to are really low, while the chances of a more benign explanation are very high. You're right to get it checked out of course, but try not to worry too much about something that statistically is very unlikely

maltahypo
30-10-17, 15:44
thanks for your kind words. i hope i manage to keep under control my anxiety..

Jason74
30-10-17, 18:42
No worries. Although a Londoner, I have Maltese roots myself so always pleased to help one of my countrymen by ancestry :)

maltahypo
31-10-17, 16:17
Thanks Jason. Can't take it out of my head a tumour is pressing somewhere causing these issues.

Charolette Shurman
01-11-17, 02:36
I'm not a doctor, but from what I know, urinary incontinence is very common in aging (35 yrs+) men. Constipation can be caused by many factors, including a lack of exercise, insufficient water or fiber intake, and stress.

Both of these things can be caused or exacerbated by stress or anxiety, so maybe take your mind off of it for a few days and see if things get a bit better? :) Just make sure you are drinking enough!

Wishing you luck!

maltahypo
01-11-17, 06:10
Thanks Charlotte, feeling a mess and this makes me irrational.

Thelegend27
03-11-17, 03:40
is it before or after urinating? i drip a little urine after peeing several minutes later some times, but as far as i know i have always done this, so it must be ok.