PDA

View Full Version : so scared of a brain tumour and eye test in an hour

sophie_vk
30-10-17, 15:35
hello, i visit this site a lot but only just joined now and this is my first post.
basically, i've been having flashes in my eyes and i have an optician appointment in an hour to check it out. i'm so so worried that they will find my optic nerve is swollen or something and detect a brain tumour.

i often get right sided headaches, my right pupil is often bigger than the left one, and i think the flashes are in the right eye too :( i have been finding it so hard to enjoy life with this fear hanging over me all the time of either a brain tumour or MS so i'm finally getting it checked, but i am terrified.

sorry for the rambly post but has anyone else had flashes or one sided headaches and thought it was a brain tumour but it was okay? i just really need some reassurance if anyone has it because i'm on the verge of a panic attack and my appointment is so soon!!!

i did have an eye test in may this year i think and there were no problems. i was experiencing headaches at this time and lots of floaters but no flashes, so i keep telling myself if it was serious it would have been picked up then, but i'm still so anxious.

i'm 18 by the way.

Elen
30-10-17, 16:21
good luck with your test, let us know how you get on

sophie_vk
30-10-17, 18:05
good luck with your test, let us know how you get on

i just got back from my test and i had a really detailed one and my pupils were dilated too. i'm so relieved because they said they couldn't see anything bad. i feel embarrassed now for being so worried on my post before!

Elen
30-10-17, 18:12
don't worry about it, you were worried and got checked out, its all good

beasty340
30-10-17, 18:21
i just got back from my test and i had a really detailed one and my pupils were dilated too. i'm so relieved because they said they couldn't see anything bad. i feel embarrassed now for being so worried on my post before!

So happy for you Sophie, I recently had some flashes in my eyes and had an eye exam and all was normal. Sometimes our bodies do strange things...

Now maybe you can address the health anxiety issue that seems to be plaguing you. http://cbt4panic.org/ has seemed to help a lot of people on here with their anxiety issues... maybe check it out :)