PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I was okay.

LuLu412
30-10-17, 15:53
Just a little background, I'm 24 and first started suffering from health anxiety about 6 years ago. I've when through spells where it goes away for a time, and then, especially in times of high stress, it comes back with a vengeance.

About 10 weeks ago I had extreme abdominal pain, went to the hospital the did blood work and said I was fine. Went back home and the next day still had the awful pain, used the restroom and my stool was literally white, and the whites of my eyes had a yellow tint. Went back to the hospital and my liver levels were 5 times the normal level. Turns out my gallbladder was awful. It was literally decaying inside of me. So I had emergency gallbladder surgery. Immediately after, my liver levels went back to normal.

However, that really kicked off my anxiety again. So here I am, sick, with what more than likely is a virus, and I get the urge to go look at my eyes, when I do I notice a yellowish tint in the corners so naturally I panic, use the restroom and my stool was a light tan color...so more panic. I'm trying to rationalize I really am, but everything in me is screaming to run to the ER because something may be wrong with my liver. I'm so scared.

Dave_Lister
30-10-17, 19:15
Just a little background, I'm 24 and first started suffering from health anxiety about 6 years ago. I've when through spells where it goes away for a time, and then, especially in times of high stress, it comes back with a vengeance.

About 10 weeks ago I had extreme abdominal pain, went to the hospital the did blood work and said I was fine. Went back home and the next day still had the awful pain, used the restroom and my stool was literally white, and the whites of my eyes had a yellow tint. Went back to the hospital and my liver levels were 5 times the normal level. Turns out my gallbladder was awful. It was literally decaying inside of me. So I had emergency gallbladder surgery. Immediately after, my liver levels went back to normal.

However, that really kicked off my anxiety again. So here I am, sick, with what more than likely is a virus, and I get the urge to go look at my eyes, when I do I notice a yellowish tint in the corners so naturally I panic, use the restroom and my stool was a light tan color...so more panic. I'm trying to rationalize I really am, but everything in me is screaming to run to the ER because something may be wrong with my liver. I'm so scared.

Light tan colour of stool is normal, because as you know, its the white colour that's not.You're ok.

au Lait
31-10-17, 01:47
Yellowish spots on the whites of your eyes can be callouses. I have one on each eye. I've asked my eye dr about them and she said if they don't cause eye irritation then not to worry. Light tan stool sounds normal to me. I think you're fine, your anxiety has just been triggered. If you were truly jaundiced you'd know it without a shadow of doubt.