PDA

View Full Version : What med should I ask for for flying fear

Benjammin69
30-10-17, 17:27
Hi Guys, so I’m from the UK and I am due to go on holiday in 2 weeks, I’m on meds’ but this is causing me some unacceptable anxiety. I don’t want to mess with my meds too much so I have an appointment with my GP and a Psych? What meds other than diazepam could I ask fo me that they would give and will help? I just want to have a nice holiday with my family :-(

My GP normally gives me 28 10mg diazepam for a 3 month period so I could get those but sometimes they don’t even work I only ever take 10mg a day if needed never anymore?

My psych is more than likely to listen and have flexibility ? Any advice on what’s worked for you much appreciated

Iwant2bhealthy
30-10-17, 20:12
What meds are you on currently? We are not doctors, so we can't really make a recommendation. Its best to talk to your gp, and let him/her know that you worry about effectiveness of diazepam.

On a nother note, did you try to do something with your fear of flying? I had it too but now I am more or less comfortable on the plane. What worked for me is the combination of using earplugs to tune out the noise, getting more exposure and watching some free YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Benjammin69
30-10-17, 20:17
What meds are you on currently? We are not doctors, so we can't really make a recommendation. Its best to talk to your gp, and let him/her know that you worry about effectiveness of diazepam.

On a nother note, did you try to do something with your fear of flying? I had it too but now I am more or less comfortable on the plane. What worked for me is the combination of using earplugs to tune out the noise, getting more exposure and watching some free YouTube videos.

Hi

I’m on quetiapine, mirtazapine and buspar - plus diazepam when needed I thought about asking to swap the diazepam for lorazepam or summit I only want something temporarily for the flight and airport that’s all :-(

Benjammin69
31-10-17, 20:17
Saw my doc today he gave me 10 10mg diazepam for my holiday, I see my psych tomorrow so will discuss changing them for lorazepam I think and see what happens

Iwant2bhealthy
31-10-17, 20:21
Good luck and have fun on your holidays Benjamin!

The meds are treating the symptoms only. I would still recommend you to look for ways to manage your fear of flying.

Benjammin69
01-11-17, 08:48
Hi Guys so I had a consultation with my private psych and he has prescribed me 20 0.25mg alprazolam tablets for my holiday and flights. He gave me 10 days worth and said I can try a day before to see how they help. Anyone tried these before? Any good?