PDA

View Full Version : Optician referred me to eye hospital

DaveDee
30-10-17, 19:39
Well - it could have been worse.

Noticed problem with vision on Friday night which Dr Google and I decided was probably a brain tumour. Got an optician's appointment on Sunday. Flunked all the tests and was referred to eye hospital. According to the optician 'they will probably scan your head'

Spent the next few days in a total mess of anxiety with my other half trying her best to comfort me and calm me down. I was convinced if the optician couldn't spot something in my eye then the problem must be in my brain.

Went for my appointment with a huge feeling of dread. Had my eye examined by everyone including 4 surgeons and was diagnosed with a retinal detachment. This was repaired the next day and now I'm recovering at home (which is the most difficult part). A whole week lying in specific positions in order to let the retina re-stick to the back of my eye.

TLDR - don't Google - go and see a professional.
X

au Lait
31-10-17, 01:41
I'm glad they caught it early and were able to repair it. Take care and speedy recovery!

swajj
01-11-17, 08:29
Thanks for sharing such a positive story on a health anxiety board.

Goodness

pulisa
01-11-17, 08:52
I hope as many people as possible on the HA board read your post and can benefit from your advice. You dealt so well with an emergency like that because it must have been very challenging and frightening.

I wish you well in your recovery and thanks for sharing.