PDA

View Full Version : Can children get muscle twitches??

BrokenGirl
30-10-17, 23:15
I'm spiraling again about my 10 year old daughter. Some of you who have read my previous posts will know that I've been worried about ms or some other neurological disease because of a few symptoms she said she had.
I was beginning to relax a little about her, thinking they were all just random things until today. She said she could feel a "pumping" as she called it in her upper left arm and has had it on and off for a few days. And just a while ago she said her right shoulder was pumping. I'm trying my best not to panic but is it normal for a 10 yr old to have pumping/twitching in various places for a few days?
I know I'm in a bad place with my HA and I am starting counselling in about 2 weeks times. Is this my HA mind gone into overdrive again?

Fishmanpa
30-10-17, 23:26
You've struggled a lot the last year or so. Just a thought but do you think your anxiety could be rubbing off a bit on your daughter? Maybe she's anxious about you being anxious?

Positive thoughts

KK77
30-10-17, 23:35
I agree with Fish - I think your daughter may be picking up on your anxiety/stress (as kids do) and it's causing her low-level somatic tension which is manifesting in this manner. Perhaps she's almost trying to "share" your worry, and it's her way of telling you she's "feeling" it too.

Things should get better once you start counselling.

BrokenGirl
30-10-17, 23:37
I really hope my anxiety is not rubbing off on her. I try my best to have no reaction or worried expression in front of her. I'm always conscious of the fact that she could pick up on it.
I just hate it when she says things like muscle twitching or "pumping" as she calls it. Instant alarm bells go off in my head. And as usual I don't know if I'm over reacting or not....

melfish
30-10-17, 23:47
Alarm bells for what? Everyone twitches