PDA

View Full Version : Pain behind belly button

hypochondricat
31-10-17, 02:39
Back again with appendix related fears and from another visit to the emergency center.

A few days ago I had to go to the emergency room because of nausea, difficulty walking, feeling of fullness in right abdomen, the urge to vomit, and pain once again at the right abdomen area.

After another round of blood work ( which was fine), a dose anti inflammatories, ct scans (normal) and an ultrasound (the ultrasound wasn't clear enough to determine anything) - the doctor told me they weren't sure what was causing my pain but was sure enough to rule out anything that needed prompt surgery.

Now a few days later I still have slight pains but tonight I felt a dull pain behind my belly button. It hasn't really happened again but I tried coughing and laughing to see if I felt any pain or anything worsened by it but I couldn't really tell if the discomfort I felt was below my belly button or behind it. It was about a few mins later that I felt a slight stinging pain to the right of my belly button and even some pain towards my pelvis. I do notice slight discomfort/pain when I move slightly that is also below my belly button.

I know I should be reassured by the exams I had done but now I'm wondering if only a few days later is it possible it is what I think it is? Would a CT scan, Ultrasound and blood work detect any early signs of infection? I should add that I haven't been eating much and maybe that may be causing my pain or adding on it.