PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus scare please read :(

Kierang18
31-10-17, 03:36
Hi everyone on Thursday I stumbled into a old nail in my bathroom (head height) and cut it mecabove my ear... (bathroom getting decorated) it bled but not much a few dabs of tissue and it stopped. So I googled it TETANUS came up, and then rang 111 and answered all their questions accurately and he said this can be treated at home so he didn’t seem worried... I rang my doctors to see when my last tetanus jab was, and it was in 96 I would of been 3/4 years old. So I’m getting a booster tomorrow 5 days after the injury, could be too late? And here’s the other thing.., my jaw feels weird but I’m 50/50 on if it was feeling weird before the injury as I grind my teeth in my sleep and have a overbite... so jaw problems could be from that... it just hurts sometime when I move my jaw left to right , at the top where it’s connected to the cheekbone. I just want someone to talk to about it hate feeling anxious

Report this
❤ 0

au Lait
31-10-17, 04:44
It's unlikely that tetanus would be in your bathroom. It's transmitted through animal feces and is most commonly found on farms with large animals (cows, sheep, etc). In addition, it's not transmitted through minor scrapes, only very deep puncture wounds (as in deep enough to pierce the muscle). It's a good idea to get your booster vaccine just to have it on board, but the likely hood that you came into contact with tetanus the way you described is virtually 0.