PDA

View Full Version : Neck problems causing stress.

Alowen
31-10-17, 07:13
All day today I've been experiencing pain in my neck from the top of my shoulders to the base of my skull. I'm worried that this could be something awful such as spinal problems The pain doesn't seem to increase of decrease when I look around leading me to believe its more than a sore neck and I'm getting worried.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

I've also noticed that sometimes when I swallow it feels scratchy

cyberchondriac.
31-10-17, 08:01
Morning!

I have/had the same kind of pains you’re describing. I went to the drs and had an mri (for a different reason) and it came back that I have scoliosis, reduced flexibility of the neck and a chiari malformation (It’s rare!). Which are all contributing factors, so I definitely recommend going to your dr if you haven’t already as so many things can cause neck pain x

Alowen
31-10-17, 08:16
Morning!

I have/had the same kind of pains you’re describing. I went to the drs and had an mri (for a different reason) and it came back that I have scoliosis, reduced flexibility of the neck and a chiari malformation (It’s rare!). Which are all contributing factors, so I definitely recommend going to your dr if you haven’t already as so many things can cause neck pain x

Damn you scared me for a second. I'd never heard of scoliosis before and freaked out when I heard the word, haha. Hopefully if its anything at all it's something like that that isn't gonna kill me, of course. I'm most afraid of a brain tumor due to my head pain that came with it but that's most likely my anxiety acting up because I had a brain tumor scare not long ago.

cyberchondriac.
31-10-17, 11:39
Sorry! Definitely didn't mean to worry you lol. Although scoliosis can be quite painful at times, for me anyway, it's not usually an issue unless it's a very dramatic curve. Mine is roughly 20 degrees, anything over 40 degrees usually needs surgery.

I didn't even know I had it until I had the MRI and x-rays. Though I did notice that my shoulders aren't equal, my shoulder blades aren't aligned and my hips are uneven too. Which now all makes sense.

Have you seen anyone for it yet?

I've just read your update about having a scratchy throat, could possibly be the start of tonsillitus (no idea how to spell it!) or something similar?

swgrl09
31-10-17, 13:53
I have had neck pain like that for years and years on and off. For me it is just muscle tension, knots, poor posture, etc. But it does spread to the shoulders and head.

I use ice, massage, ibuprofen for relief.

au Lait
31-10-17, 16:04
The scratchy throat makes it sound like maybe it could be something simple like the start of a cold or flu. I get a lot of random weird body aches when I'm sick. Or it could simply be that you slept funny last night and now you have a stiff/sore neck. I really doubt it's anything more serious.

Alowen
31-10-17, 23:54
Thanks for all the replies guys. Going to the doctors on Monday next week. The pain is pretty much gone so I'm 99.9% sure that I just slept funny but my health anxiety is acting up so I wont calm down until the doctor says everything's alright.