PDA

View Full Version : Eyes darting or jerking

Shimmy81
31-10-17, 10:00
Hi all,

Lately for the last month or so I’ve been having strange eyes symptoms which are annoying and freaking me out.

sometimes when I try to look at something or fixate on to something, like say someone or something on the tv, and then blink, after 0.5 to 1 second I feel my eyes dart or jerk to one side away from the point of fixation and then back to what was trying to look/stare at.

It doesn’t happen all the time, during the day, and I THINK it happens more when trying to look at moving things or stimuli (not moving at high speed or anything) But has probably happened sometimes when looking at still things too. It’s frustrating as I don’t know when it will strike.

My eyelids have twitching ALOT for the last 6 weeks or so too and seem especially worse at night. Also got muscle twitches around the body.

Has anyone had anything similar or like this happen to them?

Before this started I had afterimages esp on bright surfaces, dry eye, shimmering vision, palpitations and chest heaviness, which reading through the posts are common with anxiety.
Have had whole bunch of tests done, eye and brain mri is clear, blood work and ecg clear, ophthalmologist says eyes are fine and healthy. Physical Neuro tests are fine too.

It’s really getting me down that these tests are fine but I’m still getting this symptom. I still get the shaking/shimmering vision sometimes.

Thanks you for reading.

heyitsmeyou
31-10-17, 10:50
Are you on medication for depression/anxiety? They can do this.

Shimmy81
31-10-17, 11:16
Are you on medication for depression/anxiety? They can do this.

Hey, no so far I’m not on any meds at all.

Shimmy81
01-11-17, 14:31
Anyone?

This is one post I found which is the closest to my issue so far.......

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73253&highlight=Eyes+dart