PDA

View Full Version : Rumble in chest

Hypomean
01-11-17, 07:13
I’ve been getting this rumble in the center of my chest for a while now. It’s like when pheglm makes this rumble/rattling when you breath from having to much mucus. But I don’t. It makes me cough to clear the sensation. I last a good while shallow breathing that my ribs begin to hurt. I worry these sensations are from something more sinister.

I do notice that I do have weird noises in my stomach when all this happens. I get gassy.

I recently (for about 2 months now) started chewing gum could this be causing the gassy issue thus causing the rumble?again my mind refuses to look at less sinister. Should I be worried?

---------- Post added at 05:50 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

Heart racing right now :(

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 ----------

I just woke up gasping in air at first breathing in air was impossible:(

swajj
01-11-17, 08:02
I was going to give you advice but you can’t be bothered acknowledging some of the responses you get so I can’t be bothered responding.

Thelegend27
03-11-17, 03:46
Could be alot of things, like fluid in the lungs, alergies, acid reflux, bronchitis, and so on. the best advice you can get is from a doctor.

Annaboodle
03-11-17, 09:01
Could be alot of things, like fluid in the lungs, alergies, acid reflux, bronchitis, and so on. the best advice you can get is from a doctor.

Hi, I know you're just trying to give good advice, but that always seems to involve advising people to go the doctor whatever their issue and history. A poster like Hypomean would never leave the doctor's surgery if they went with every episode that happens like this. It is better not to list suggestions of possible conditions she might have as they then appear in future posts.

ServerError
03-11-17, 11:11
Yeah, things like bronchitis or fluid in the lungs would have driven Hypomean to the doctor with some pretty nasty symptoms now. None of this vague "rumbling". It could be a minor respiratory tract infection, and acid reflux is a likely culprit too. But it could also be a hypochondriac overreacting to a normal bodily sensation due to being way too inwardly focused.

The one thing we know about Hypomean is that she has crippling anxiety. We also know that she doesn't really do anything about it. No advice offered here is pursued very far. As far as I know, she doesn't engage with any of the free resources on offer. It's a very sad situation and nothing will change until she vows to change it.