PDA

View Full Version : Peptic ulcer?

Drowningincy
01-11-17, 14:19
I’m new here. Today I’m really struggling and I don’t have anyone else to talk to about this.

I was diagnosed with ptsd a year ago after my baby was seriously ill (she’s fine now) over the past year I’ve suffered with various ailments and diagnosed myself with a blood clot, lung cancer, Heart attack, colon cancer and cervical cancer. I’ve actually had none of these. The only issue I had was extremely low iron which I had an iron fusion to correct.

Last week I started experiencing tightening feeling in my chest. I assumed it was anxiety again. I have had this feeling for 8 days now and I have realised it’s a burning sensation like indigestion. I have tried indigestion tablets and they have made no difference. The pain does not get worse when I eat. Toda I stupidly googled my symptoms and I’m now terrified that I have a peptic ulcer. The pain seemed to be relieved when I ate but only for about 10mins. I’m worried that my iron levels will still be low and I’m bleeding internally. I’ve not had them checked since the infusion.

Tomorrow I have a dr appt but I’m terrified. If it was an ulcer would I be doubled over in pain? Could it all be anxiety? I don’t know how I’m going to get through the evening/night. I feel my body is shutting down and my head is consumed with this fear.

I have no family or friends near by to talk to and I don’t want to keep on at my husband about it as I’m sure he’s sick of it now.

Any advice please ??

Fishmanpa
01-11-17, 14:28
See your doctor. It sounds like reflux/acid. You may need a prescription PPI as opposed to OTC remedies. Both my wife and I have reflux. We take Protonix and follow the FODMAP diet and nary have an issue.

Positive thoughts