PDA

View Full Version : Halos, streetlights and traffic lights

anonandafraid
01-11-17, 16:13
Can you describe what streetlights look like to me from your perspective?

This has been driving me mad for the best part of 2 years now, I can't figure out if I have the beginnings of some terrible condition or not or whether things have always been like this.

I have been to the optician as recently as a year ago who didn't mention anything wrong with my eyes, I'm not sure if it's increased awareness or whether or not this is normal, basically I see:

A foggy-ish globe around streetlights - not so much LED ones, but definitely the older yellow ones
A glow around traffic lights - like the streetlights, no defined edges of the flow, just a glow emanating from the light source
Ghosting of white letters on dark backgrounds and basically difficulty focusing properly on things like the Spotify interface, it's almost like I'm staring at it rather than focusing on it

I'm worried it's the onset of cataracts or keratoconus or something awful. Let me know if anyone else experiences anything similar or different.

Thanks.

snowflake293
01-11-17, 16:56
I am not medically trained but I noticed I have this halo effect after I swim with no Googles on, and sometimes if I have been near cats (allergic)

Hope you get the reassurance you need :)

Shimmy81
02-11-17, 00:01
I get the bit with the traffic lights, and white text on dark background, like on the Xbox menu screen. Also like you for example it also happens say when I load up YouTube, the white on red background seems like it’s ghosting. Also had other vision symptoms over last 3 months.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added 02-11-17 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 01-11-17 at 23:58

Please elaborate on the Spotify example. Is it like the writing will be ghosting or blurred? Because I think I get the kind of sense of sensation you are experiencing.

anonandafraid
02-11-17, 00:15
Hey there, just to clarify the Spotify example - it’s ghosted text on my phone and on my desktop screen too. I use code editors in my line of work and I can’t use dark themes on it anymore as a result of the ghosting when I started noticing it 2 years ago.

As for the streetlights they look a bit like this http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7534/16087409618_d12db2bf47_m.jpg

Or this https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=45678.0;attach=169 23;image