PDA

View Full Version : 2+ blood in urine....FREAKING!! Help me!

AnxiousJamie
01-11-17, 23:49
Hey everyone!! So for about 7 weeks now, I’ve had an urgency to go to the bathroom. Most of the time I can ignore it and I can usually sleep through the night without getting up. On Oct 1, I went in to test for UTI. I had no infection but did have 1+ blood. She gave me a short antibiotic but the frequency/urgency never got better. I started thinking it was all related to my anxiety. Well on Monday I went for my yearly Pap. While there, I told my doctor who did another test. This time with 2+ blood and nothing else. I got an appointment with a urologist yesterday who also said yes 2+ blood. He said that I need further investigation so I’m having a CT in 2 weeks. I’m going insane thinking of all the bad stuff. Mostly bladder, kidney, urethra cancer or kidney failure. Can someone tell me there story with a happy ending? Thank you.

DaveP12
02-11-17, 00:12
Hi Jamie. Sorry to hear that. The testing and waiting is always excruciating. Can I ask, is there a chance it could be something as minor as an infection that just needs stronger antibiotics?

AnxiousJamie
02-11-17, 00:34
Thanks for the reply. I’ve had 3 total u/a’s this month and none have shown any type of infection. The only abnormality each time was blood. I also had an in and out cath to make sure of a clean catch. The waiting is terrible. And everything out there says UTI, stones, or cancer. UTI has been ruled out, I have no pain, so I’m thinking it’s not stones, so that just leaves cancer. I am so afraid!!

au Lait
02-11-17, 00:59
I'm sorry you're going through this. I know it's hard to not think of the worst, but it's completely possible that it's nothing serious. It is definitely possible to have bladder stones without any physical symptoms (such as pain), especially if they are small.

DaveP12
02-11-17, 01:13
May I ask your age?

AnxiousJamie
02-11-17, 01:39
I’m 35 female non smoker. Although I did smoke for about 2 years in my early 20s. Past smoking is a risk factor.

DaveP12
02-11-17, 01:44
You are very young. Things like kidney and bladder cancer typically happen to those 60+. Smoking for 2 years is practically nothing. I definitely understand your fear, but I think the odds are in your favor in a huge way. That being said, definitely thinking of you as any abnormal test result is scary.

AnxiousJamie
02-11-17, 01:56
Thank you so much for your kindness and concern, Dave. You too Au Lait.

nomorepanic
02-11-17, 12:44
I have kidney stones and this means I always have blood in my urine.

AnxiousJamie
02-11-17, 17:29
Nicola, do you have pain with your stones? I have no pain just an urgency feeling and the blood. I kinda was under the impression that you have pain with kidney stones when they move. Wouldn’t the movement be causing the blood in urine. Can just having a stone in the kidney with no movement cause blood?

nomorepanic
02-11-17, 17:33
I didn't know I had them until I had a scan. I was treated for a UTI initially as I had pain in the groin area.

I don't know if mine move or not to be honest.

I was told that because I had them they could irritate the kidney and hence the blood.

swajj
03-11-17, 07:42
People can have blood in their urine without there being anything wrong. Do a search and you will find threads on this topic.

AnxiousJamie
04-11-17, 01:29
Thank you all for the responses. I just can’t shake this fear. I know the statistics are in my favor but the waiting for the test is making me crazy. I’ve still got 10 days to wait until my scan. My main worry is that this seems like it’s a chronic issue for me as it’s been going on at least 7 weeks.

AnxiousJamie
01-12-17, 15:41
I just want to update everyone for those of you who are concerned for yourselves. I just had a cystogram to look at my bladder. I also had an abdominal CT a couple of weeks ago. Everything was normal. My urologist said that this is benign issue. So I just wanted to update. Thank you for all the responses.