PDA

View Full Version : leg tingles- rabies?? :(

munster
29-10-17, 05:45
my dog recently bit me thru my jeans after my attempt to get a stolen shoe back from him. (him stealing things is normal behavior) im not sure if it broke skin but there is a pretty purple bruise and indents of where his teeth bit. hes a pretty small dog.
i was immediately worried abt rabies and searched up transmission n stuff on the devil known as google, only to find that it could transmit, although it rarely goes thru fabric. however, my anxiety of course is making me think that my dog has been acting more aggressive than usual.
and to make matters worse, he just licked a cut on my finger, and i have been refused a doctor's visit to ask about vaccination so i have to sit here and wait and see if my dog/i will get rabies. i know it might just be anxiety, but i have become far more hypersensitive when wearing long, tight pants and long sleeve shirts and have to pull them up to get rid of this constant tingly, crawling sensation (that ive somehow also chalked up to be rabies.)
im updated on tetanus shots and my dog is vaccinated yearly, along with him showing no signs of a bite. he never goes out our gate without us with him, so idk why im so worried, but i i know bat bites are incredibly tiny and are barely even noticeable, so if he were bitten by one he might not even be able to tell. im afraid itll be too late by the time he shows actual symptoms, and ill already by on my deathbead. i just cant stop thinking about the what ifs.
pls help :((

AntsyVee
29-10-17, 06:37
No chance in hell, dude. Your dog is vaccinated, and does not have rabies.

Fishmanpa
29-10-17, 14:07
my dog is vaccinated yearly

^^THAT^^

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
29-10-17, 14:14
0 chance of getting rabies so nothing to worry about, Start training your dog to drop what ever he has that he shouldn't have and use redirection techniques with treats a sure winner that is, no dog of mine would ever do that to me :) and reassure your self if your dog has yearly vaccinations then you are totally fine!! Cheers

Iwant2bhealthy
29-10-17, 14:35
I agree with Bigboy, you 100% don't have rabies, but you do have a problem with your dog.

Redirection is a great approach, and it helped me too. My dog would run around the house with an empty cream cheese box or something as *awesome*, and I was usually running after him trying to take it away. Nowadays if he steals something I take a piece of sausege, I ask him to drop it and sit for me, and I reward this behaviour.

Less frustrating for me and for the dog too!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
29-10-17, 14:42
I agree with Bigboy, you 100% don't have rabies, but you do have a problem with your dog.

Redirection is a great approach, and it helped me too. My dog would run around the house with an empty cream cheese box or something as *awesome*, and I was usually running after him trying to take it away. Nowadays if he steals something I take a piece of sausege, I ask him to drop it and sit for me, and I reward this behaviour.

Less frustrating for me and for the dog too!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk Total respect to you on that :) And it seems if he was bit there was a problem with Resource Guarding to be bitten it's never to be tolerated I can put my hand in my dogs bowl and there is no issue why cause I am the provider and Alpha in the pack my dog knows her position and that's cool :) ATB

Iwant2bhealthy
29-10-17, 17:21
Bigboy, I thougt the same Biting is a no no! Funnily enough I too can touch my dog's food anytime I want but when it came to *precious treasures* such as e.g. grease covered paper towel or an empty box of cream cheese we had an issue. :-)

Bigboyuk
29-10-17, 20:59
Bigboy, I thougt the same Biting is a no no! Funnily enough I too can touch my dog's food anytime I want but when it came to *precious treasures* such as e.g. grease covered paper towel or an empty box of cream cheese we had an issue. :-)

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk Yes know what you mean same over my chair she was fine up till 3 years old (then it was for 1 day only) she wouldn't get down off my chair tried changing my tone of voice and my facial expression nothing ok I though put my hand on her back side and gently pushed her and she air snapped me didnt touch my skin that was it game over I hit her so hard with my voice and expression and she shot of that chair so darn fast and now we are back to normal prior to that one day she is now 10 years old! Did you cure your issue in the end? ATB

Iwant2bhealthy
29-10-17, 21:42
Yes. He never bit me, but he did show his teeth and he growled at me. Now, that I learned to redirect him this doesn't happen anymore.

munster
02-11-17, 01:39
my legs have recently started to have a horrible bug-crawling sensation EVERYWHERE. it only goes away when im moving around, and gets worse when im wearing tight pants or anything that compresses my legs.
ive heard that leg tingling is a big symptom of rabies, and my dog recently bit me (over a stolen shoe :whistles:). he didn't seem anymore aggressive or anything, but my anxiety is making me think he is. idk what to think, but now ive convinced myself i have rabies!
(it also might be worth mentioning that i stopped elavil cold turkey, so maybe its just withdrawl?? idk :(()
pls help!

Fishmanpa
02-11-17, 01:47
(it also might be worth mentioning that i stopped elavil cold turkey, so maybe its just withdrawl?? idk :(()

Nuff said... Might want to speak with your doctor about this.

Positive thoughts

au Lait
02-11-17, 01:49
Neither you nor your dog have rabies. Your dog would be dead by now if he did. The tingling could be anything from anxiety to withdrawals as you speculated. But I can tell you one thing for sure; it's definitely not rabies. This fear is just a manifestation of your HA.

Also, did you check with your Dr before stopping cold turkey? A lot of meds need to be decreased gradually as stopping too quickly can cause uncomfortable side effects.

MyNameIsTerry
02-11-17, 03:47
I would put my money on the cold turkey. That med has start up side effects to cover tingling, prickling, jerks, spasms, itching, crawling, etc.

Aside from that, paraesthesias are common with anxiety alone.

Elen
02-11-17, 08:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen