PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft woes

emmielou92
02-11-17, 15:58
I've started taking Zoloft alongside my pregabalin. I was on pregabalin mostly for my restless leg syndrome. It helped hugely. I'm two and a half weeks into Zoloft, the gp refused to increase my pregabalin for my ocd saying Zoloft will be better and is less addictive.. i wasn't sure if cost was the issue, anyway my sleep progress has been utterly ruined. I'm so exhausted beyond the point of function. I've cancelled my CBT and can't attend anymore due to too many absences and my social life is diminishing. I don't think it's depression as this was for ocd not depression. Will this ever go away? I don't know what to do or how long to put up with his for.. thank you.

KimmiSomething
02-11-17, 19:35
Hi emmie
I’m 2.5 weeks in setraline (I’m no expert but I think they are the same,or at least similar?!) and I totally understand the fatigue you describe. I haven’t been able to go the gym for weeks, a full day at work is just about my limit, after work it’s all I can do to drag myself on top the sofa. But then when I do get to bed I’m awake half the night (I’m a health anxiety sufferer so it’s mosyly this keeping me awake)
Dr tells me all the horrid side effects should settle down by 8 weeks- which seems a lifetime away doesn’t it.
Sorry I can’t really give advise but do know others are going through the same thing, it’s pretty “normal” as far as this kind of drug goes I think

Hope u feel better soon

Kim x

emmielou92
07-11-17, 15:56
Hi Kim,

It sounds were in a similar situation! I'm really sorry to hear about your own fatigue, it really is awful.. I do hope you feel a little more energized soon! I'm also a health anxiety sufferer so can relate. I guess it may be best to stick with it for a few more weeks to get a better idea. I suppose time will tell. Hope you feel better soon also! x