PDA

View Full Version : Rabies Scare

golddustgirl1000
03-11-17, 06:48
Uh... so finally when I got over my month long rabies scare...

I ended up in Joshua Tree for the weekend (aka) desert in California.

Upon getting there.. when I was looking for the house key.. I ran into a cactus in the dark... I mean I had needles in me.. so I'm assuming thats where the pain was from..

We stayed in an airbnb house, it was clean, but it still was older, had gaps under bedroom doors etc...

Anyway, our last night there.. we were outside by the fire, we had patio lights on, and noticed bats flying back and forth.:mad:

They didnt come near us... just flew overhead... or to the sides.. maybe 15-20 feet away.. still to close for comfort...

When we went to bed that night, I thoroughly checked our room multiple times, and now stuffed a towel under the bedroom door...

Lately, I have been experiencing some tingling in my finger tips.. I know its probably just a pinched nerve... but..

What are the odds that the first night we were there ( when I didnt realize there were bats there) that I got bit in my sleep? Or.. that they were in the cactus?

I know.. crazy an I haven't even thought about it that much.. but it keeps crossing my mind...

swajj
03-11-17, 08:37
You didn’t get bitten by a bat. Put it out of your head.

ServerError
03-11-17, 12:13
That's not a rabies scare. A rabies scare involves coming into contact with a rabid animal. You didn't.

Fishmanpa
03-11-17, 13:13
Usually, the run of the mill, bat sneaking in and out of a house undetected and bit you without you knowing it thread is irrational enough but you have taken it to an entire new level with the connect the dots, bat in a cactus and the cactus needles gave you rabies twist.

Positive thoughts

golddustgirl1000
07-11-17, 02:24
I understand all your guys point of view... I honestly didnt start think much of it... but since friday my fingers have been experiencing some tingling/numbness... now the tingling/pinpricks is moving up my arms... I'm not so much feeling it in my fingers anymore today.. but when i press or put pressure on my forearm, it feels like multiple needles are stabbing... ive read that this can be a symptom.. is that true?

I know you guys say it didn't happen, but how can you be sure there wasn't a bat in the house? It was an air bnb.. and not sealed very well... I'm just saying.. how do you know it might not have bit in my sleep and then escaped under the door?

Capercrohnj
07-11-17, 02:47
I highly doubt you'd sleep through a bite

golddustgirl1000
07-11-17, 03:10
I know.. but so much on google says you can.. thats why I'm freaking out...

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

I've read that bats teeth are so small you might not even know/feel/see it...

golddustgirl1000
07-11-17, 19:32
Somebody please? I’m starting to get scared... random tingling pinpricks and I’m feeling super fatigued today... also the tingling is now in the other arm!!

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 19:34
There are no words that will quell the irrationality unfortunately. I would suggest calling a mental health hotline on your area.

Positive thoughts

emmegee
07-11-17, 22:16
I get tingling for weeks at a time with no real underlying reason... After a couple years of convincing myself I had MS, I finally started to accept it was just a strange thing my body goes through exacerbated by anxiety. You do not have rabies. I also had a rabies scare a few years ago when a rescue pup nipped me and the rescue assured me she had a rabies vaccine but they couldn't find the certificate. I was fine.

golddustgirl1000
08-11-17, 03:25
I just dont understand though how the fact that many people say you can be bit during sleep does not make it a possibility.. I could see if I was in an area with no bats... but there were dozens.. and I had no idea! I mean... how do I really know one didnt get in the house? My hands/arms are now experiencing characteristic symptoms of tingling/prickling/burning.. sometimes itching.. and its slowly moving up my arm to now my whole forearm.. I'm just saying how do I know..

Moso13
08-11-17, 03:38
If there was a bat in your room you would notice. It would be flying around, banging against things, and freaking out. You'd notice. I go through rabies fears like this too, what I go with is if I don't actually see a bat come in contact with me, there is no need to worry. You didnt see a bat in your room? No need to worry. If you actually woke up and one was in your room and you saw it that would be different

golddustgirl1000
08-11-17, 03:42
Uh there wasn’t one in my room... but I️ did see them flying near our house outside the second night :/

Fishmanpa
08-11-17, 04:00
I know you guys say it didn't happen, but how can you be sure there wasn't a bat in the house? It was an air bnb.. and not sealed very well... I'm just saying.. how do you know it might not have bit in my sleep and then escaped under the door?

Because you just said this...

Uh there wasn’t one in my room...

Positive thoughts

golddustgirl1000
08-11-17, 04:13
Yes, the second night when I️ noticed bats there weren’t , but the first night I️ had no idea to check!

Fishmanpa
08-11-17, 04:44
Yes, the second night when I️ noticed bats there weren’t , but the first night I️ had no idea to check!

Seriously and with respect... Stop it :lac: You have to realize how totally irrational this is right? You and your anxiety are literally arguing futilely to keep this fear alive!

Perhaps real life professional help is in order here.

Positive thoughts

golddustgirl1000
08-11-17, 05:19
It literally comes and goes.. all day I was fine and not even thinking about it... it's when I'm home at night and start experiencing symptoms that I freak out...