PDA

View Full Version : This is a weird question but.. would appreciate a answer or two

Meriland30
03-11-17, 17:50
Does anyone experience a sensation that...well it is hard to describe...like you feel a sudden pin prick hit you somewhere and it makes that limb jump on its own?

Last night I was laying down and I suddenly felt a pin prick in the arch of my foot and it made my foot jerk up on its own.

Does anyone ever get that? With the pin prick and the jump with it?

I also struggled to fall asleep for a few hours last night, I kept jerking awake over and over again. Do you ever also get that relentless jerking keeping you awake over nad over?

Fishmanpa
03-11-17, 18:05
Yep... I have neuropathy in my feet from treatment. My feet are pretty much numb BUT... I get what I call the "stabbies". It can happen to anyone regardless of a medical reason or not. It's just a nerve thing. Your body sends off a random signal and BAM! It's normal and can be aggravated by stress.

Positive thoughts

Meriland30
03-11-17, 18:16
Yep... I have neuropathy in my feet from treatment. My feet are pretty much numb BUT... I get what I call the "stabbies". It can happen to anyone regardless of a medical reason or not. It's just a nerve thing. Your body sends off a random signal and BAM! It's normal and can be aggravated by stress.

Positive thoughts

Do you get those 'stabbies' and then your limb flails or jerks involuntarily as a result?

nomorepanic
03-11-17, 18:24
If it is your legs then you could have restless leg syndrome

Fishmanpa
03-11-17, 18:30
Do you get those 'stabbies' and then your limb flails or jerks involuntarily as a result?

Makes me jump and they hurt like hell so roger to that! I have to take medication (Gabapentin) to lessen the symptoms.

Also as Nic said, RLS can do that as well. Either way, reducing the stressors will also lessen the symptoms.

Positive thoughts

Kathryn313
03-11-17, 22:21
Yep- get this from time to time

Meriland30
03-11-17, 23:14
Thanks for your answers so far. As for RLS, I know someone who has that where it is defined as the urge to move your legs voluntarily, not myoclonic jerks? Looking it up, myoclonic jerks are not a symptom of RLS?

nomorepanic
03-11-17, 23:15
I have had RLS and I had no control over my legs jerking so it was not voluntarily.

MyNameIsTerry
04-11-17, 01:51
Yep- get this from time to time

Same with me. I can remember them long before the anxiety though so probably everyone has them.

Various paraesthesias are common with anxiety disorders.

There are tons of reasons for them. Even things like dehydration or stinging nettles get mentioned.

heyitsmeyou
04-11-17, 10:32
Yeah I get exactly those. Almost daily. Sometimes at the computer, sometimes laying down. Mine don’t really hurt, but they sound just as you described.