PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Urine Production

MissRobron
03-11-17, 17:56
Sorry not a nice subject I know.

For the last three months I have been suffering from frequent urination and its literally ruining my life.

The thing is though I figured if it was Anxiety then I would feel the need to go but I wouldn't be able to pass much each time.

When I go though I am passing a full volume like my bladder is full even though I haven't been drinking much.

I know Anxiety can cause frequent urination but could actually increase the volume of urine that I am passing each time

MissRobron
03-11-17, 19:38
Any chance you take an SSRI?

Yes but I have been on them for years and this only started three months ago.

pulisa
06-11-17, 16:42
I think you would be justified in getting your urine checked by the GP to see whether it was too dilute or of normal concentration and this would give you a definitive answer and hopefully reassure you.

SarahCap
08-11-17, 13:47
I have the same problem and I am pregnant so had all my urine tested etc. It is worse from having children, its almost like I am not comfortable if I need a wee, so I go even if I am not desperate. I go before I leave the house twice and about 5 times before bed! I think I have trained my bladder to shrink and not tolerate much! You can do bladder training to make it so you last longer, I will give a go after baby is born x

MJunderway
08-11-17, 17:35
Hi!

Just wanted to say that I have ongoing bladder issues, which definitely increase with anxiety. If I'm extremely anxious, I will pee more often with greater volume. I'm going through some HA issues at the moment and my main physical symptom of anxiety is peeing- pressure, urgency, frequency. Once I get to a more solid place with my HA issue, I'm going to start working on addressing my emotional/physical anxiety symptoms. I totally believe that it's a chicken and egg situation and that once I address the anxiety on a deep level, these symptoms will clear up. Hope this is helpful for your situation!

eminence
09-11-17, 01:24
I know the feeling. In my last couple of years of high school I felt the need to go to the bathroom constantly. Funnily enough, the pressure went away shortly after I got home. Just like you, if I did pee there was barely anything.

I'm 100% convinced it was anxiety, it's probably the same for you.