PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in neck

megsi99
03-11-17, 21:34
Hi all - I did pilates last night and this morning woke up with sharp pain on right back side of my neck. I also have a light headache near my right temple. For some reason, my anxiety is jumping to saying I tore the artery in my neck. I know a muscle strain is much more likely but am having a hard time staying calm. Sorta just want to run to the ER. Any advice?

Fishmanpa
03-11-17, 21:42
Do you think you'd be posting on an anxiety forum if you had a torn artery in your neck?

Positive thoughts

lofwyr
03-11-17, 23:58
As a guy who has an aortic aneurysm and is subject to getting some elsewhere too, I was forced to learn the ins and outs of burst carotid aneurysms becasue I have a 5 to 10% chance of getting one. There are a lot more things going on than pain in the neck. It would be very obvious, but I will not fuel anxiety with more specific details.

megsi99
05-11-17, 14:03
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I'm not feeling any better - worse, actually. My headache got worse and I'm afraid to take anything in case of artery dissection that will mess with the blood. IDK, I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Since it's a Sunday, my only option is ER. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until tomorrow and hope I can squeeze in with my doctor AND get an MRI and the same day. this feeling is just so awful.

Fishmanpa
05-11-17, 15:45
This started Friday. It's now Sunday. Do you understand that if in fact you had a serious condition as you believe you do, you wouldn't be here posting about it?

Positive thoughts

lofwyr
05-11-17, 16:11
A headache would be he least of your problems. Again, many other things happen during carotid artery dissection. I would never tell someone not to get medical attention, but it is super obvious when that has happened. The symptoms are much more varied than pain.