PDA

View Full Version : Home long did you wait for your MRI results?

lofwyr
04-11-17, 02:01
Sorry to vent here again, and sorry for he cross post for those also in anxiety central, but I am just super anxious about this test for some reason. I had an MRI Thursday morning very early, I was hoping to get results before the weekend, and they didn't come. Now I cannot get rid of the worry. In my head, I sort of assumed someone would look at it, see it was clear, pas it along, and I would be an easy call for the doctor.

But I don't know that for sure. And now I am pretty nervous there is more to my MRI than I had expected. How long does it take to process through? Do they rush when it isn't bad?

I was told I would get a call with the results, but for whatever reason, probably naivety, I had thought I would have it he next business day. Am I out of line worrying like this?

I am used to fairly instant results from CT scans following my aortic aneurysm appointments. I have a scan immediately prior to my appointment with my surgeon, then they go over it with me.

It is a follow up for pulsatile tinnitus in one ear.

ODA_555
04-11-17, 03:30
My MRI results took a couple of days.

melfish
04-11-17, 03:45
I had mine in the morning and picked up the report in the afternoon. I imagine it would depend where you had it done and how busy they are. Mine was in a small town.

heyitsmeyou
04-11-17, 10:37
It varies greatly. The scans are seen by multiple people. If the hospital/clinic is busy, there will be a queue.

ServerError
04-11-17, 11:16
I got fed up of waiting after three weeks and rang them. Everything was fine of course. I reallly shouldn't have been having an MRI in the first place.

lofwyr
04-11-17, 17:24
Yeah, in this case I wasn't the one who asked for it. My ENT did, but I am likely to have Marfan syndrome (that test is still ongoing) which puts me at high risk for brain and carotid aneurysms, so he was, by his words, doing due diligence. So could be nothing, and I know I am stressing anxiety more than anything, but it is so hard to let go sometimes.

Thanks guys!